Twelve.

Meredith lay on my lap, tears flowing down her cheeks. "Sh, Meredith. It'll be okay." I whispered.

I stroked her head and watched as Kai sat on his own in the corner, running his hands through his hair. "It's my fucking fault. I could have stopped him." Kai groaned.

"You know that's not true. Devin is Devin, and he'd have done it anyway." I assured him.

Adrianna and Ashley had gone out looking for him, but they hadn't found anything yet.

Meredith was inconsolable. She was constantly crying softly. It broke me to see her like this, but even more to know that Devin did this to her.

My best friend Devin. Ditching us. Something was seriously up with him.

One minute he was happy and the next he was depressed. I guess I just feel really damn sorry for him.

But not as sorry as I feel for Meredith. She was completely broken. Half of her had been ripped away suddenly.

"Felix." Meredith mumbled through tears.

"Yeah?" I said gently.

"Will he ever come back?" She said, sounding like a lost child.

"Probably. Adrianna and Ash will probably just come back with him and he'll apologise and we'll get him help." I said, but I wasn't too sure.

"I just can't believe its over." She wept. "I nearly took my life for him, and now he's just gone."

"Meredith... You know he loves you. He loves you more than anything in the world. He's just lost. Some things need time to heal, and clearly Devin hadn't had enough time yet." I sighed.

I just felt bad.

"I'm sorry." Kai said again from the other side of the room.

"Its not your fault..." Meredith said quietly.

"It isn't, Kai." I reinforced.

He seemed to perk up a little, and Kai walked over and sat next to me.

It must be awful. You know, the person you love just leaving you over night. Even though you both still love each other.

If Adrianna broke up with me, I'd probably spiral down into depression again. We're going to need to keep our eyes on Meredith.

Because we've now physically lost Devin, we'll probably mentally lose Meredith too. Which is extremely concerning.

Then a terrible thought came into my mind.

Last year, when Meredith and Devin had an argument, Devin tried to hang himself. Would he do that today?

Shit. We need to find Devin. Now.