Fourteen.

A/N: Thanks for the support :)

*Meredith's POV*

"Angel..." he mumbled.

I stared into his eyes as he removed the blanket. His dark brown eyes were clouded over and his skin was deathly pale. Devin's normally skinny limbs were now like a skeleton, and his hair was as black as night.

"Angel..." he mumbled again, his voice shaking. "Angel..."

"Sh, Devin..." I hushed him. I let my eyes sweep his thin frame in horror. It looked like he'd hardly eaten in days. Maybe he hadn't.

"Meredith... I'm sorry..." He said, and I noticed the tears filling his eyes. "Say something. Make everything better."

"I can't. None of this is my fault. You caused this..." I shrugged sadly.

"I'm sorry... Meredith... I was scared... I thought you had a crush on Kai..." Devin said shakily.

"What? Kai? No... No, Devin..." I sighed.

"I realise that now... I'm a fucking idiot." Devin sniffed. "Why did I do this shit? I've been living on the streets since I left. I'm sorry... Damn... What do you see in me? Do you like me?"

"Shut up." I said, stopping his mental explosion. "Let's go home."

"What? You'll let me come back?" He looked shocked.

"Of course. Come on." I turned around to see Felix, Adrianna, Kai and Ashley. Our best friends. Felix and Kai walked over and helped him up, supporting his weight. Ashley, Adrianna and I picked up his stuff and looked at each other worriedly.

"Dang, Devin. You're weak, dude." Kai said softly. "When did you last eat?"

We all waited for an answer but one wasn't given, so we all just helped Devin limp home.

The first thing he did was lie down on the sofa and shut his eyes. "I missed the smell of this place..." He mumbled.
I stood there awkwardly while everyone else left, clearly giving us a moment.

"Devin..." I said quietly. "Are we back dating?"

He didn't say anything, so I peered over at him and saw him lying there slumped down.

"Devin?" I said a little louder.

There was no reaction, and I heard his breathing get heavy. Wow. So he fell asleep.

So I still don't know if the boy who saved my life is actually my boyfriend. But hey, at least he's home.

I cautiously walked over and sat next to him. It was so great seeing him, I didn't even care that I looked like a stalker.

Devin was home.