Eight.

*Meredith's POV*

Salty tears ran down my cheeks as I lay next to Devin's unconscious body. Felix had told me he had only passed out, and he'd wake up soon, completely fine.

But he wouldn't be fine.

Something is so wrong with him. How could he cut again? I can't believe that the person who saved me from my depression and saved my life has now cut again.

Hopefully he wasn't depressed, hopefully he was just doing it for the addiction side.

I lay next to him, alone. His face looked troubled, and his arms were covered in bandages after Kai had cleaned his cuts.

When Kai used to pass out when he was bullied, it'd only be for ten minutes or so, but Devin had been out cold for at least twenty minutes.

"I'm sorry." Someone said from the door. From the bright red hair I could see through my tears I knew it was Ashley.

"Why are you sorry? It's not your fault... It's mine..." I mumbled.

"That's not true." Ashley sighed, sitting on the other side of Devin. "You know, he thinks you and Kai flirt with each other all the time."

"What? No!" I said horrified.

"Yeah, I thought that'd be your reaction." Ashley smiled. "Devin's really paranoid about it so I think when he wakes up you should talk to him."

"Yeah." I frowned.

"I'll leave you two alone." Ashley stood up and hugged me softly, leaving soon after.

When was Devin going to wake up?

I reached for my phone and searched through the music. If I played Devin's favourite song then when he woke up he'd be happier.

There it was. 'Kick me' by Sleeping with Sirens. I played it quietly and lay there, staring up at the ceiling.

About half way through the song I heard a weak little voice next to me. "Meredith..." Devin whispered.

"Devin!" I spun round and hugged thin tightly. Slowly, he lifted his arms and hugged back.

When we stopped, he lay back and we both looked at each other. "I'm sorry." He stared me in the eye.

"Its fine... Just don't do it again." I sighed.

"I'll try." Devin smiled weakly. Would he really? "Hey, I love this song!" He grinned, hearing Sleeping with Sirens.

He had a really strange look on his face, and he smiled widely, touching my face.

"What?" I asked, smirking.

"You're beautiful." He almost looked in awe. "I'm so damn lucky."

I blushed shyly and bit my lip, my fringe falling in front of my face. Devin moved it with his hand. "I know I'm getting all sentimental, but I love you."

"I... I love you too." I smiled.

Damn. His emotions were all over the place recently. It was cute and all, but less than an hour ago he was slicing open his arm to cause himself damage.