Twenty Six.

*Ashley's POV*

I woke up, stretching and yawning. Rolling over, I giggled at Kai's sleep face. His mouth was slightly open and he was snoring softly. Kai always slept deep, so when I kissed him on the cheek it was no surprise that he didn't even flinch. 

Surprisingly, I felt really energised and excited. Today was the day. The day I'd go to my first ever job interview. We have kinda taken of Adrianna's rich dad up until now, and we're all unemployed. Hopefully I'd be home early to surprise everyone with a new source of income. Wow, Kai would be so proud of me. 

Where am I getting my job? An emo clothing store called 'Midnight Town.' I can't wait. Well, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. Why would I get it? Ugh, now I'm doubting myself. 

Sighing, I climbed out of bed and walked towards my mirror. I put in all my ear and facial piercings, then brushed my bright red hair. Back when I used to be blonde, it was fun, but damn having hair the same colour as blood is a lot more fun.

Checking the time, I got dressed in a 'Sleeping With Sirens' shirt, black jeans and Vans. Quickly, I put on mascara and eyeliner but no foundation, cos I ain't got nothing to hide. After a quick spray of my Hollister perfume, I kissed Kai on the cheek again and left. 

I never have breakfast, so I just walked out onto the street and made my way towards the bus stop nearest to my house. There was a girl standing there with black and black clothes. Awkwardly, I smiled at her, and she looked away. Oh, clearly I'm not wanted. "W-what time does the B11 bus get here?" she stammered shyly. 

"In, like, ten minutes." I said, looking at my phone. "I'm getting it too, so don't worry, you won't be alone." 

She smiled, looking relieved. "I'm going to a job interview." I sighed. "Wish me luck." 

"Me too." she looked surprised. "At Midnight Town."

"Me too!" I said. "Damn, looks like I have competition. You're about as emo as it gets." 

"What? Look at you! Your hair is so pretty, and all your piercings... I kinda wish I could look like you." she said timidly, realising what she said and looking away.

"Aw. I'm Ashley." I introduced myself.

"I'm Coraline." She said awkwardly. 

A bus came down the hill and I pointed. "That's it. Come on." I smiled. Coraline looked grateful and we stepped on the bus.