Eighteen.

I woke up, snuggling into my bedsheets. As I reached over to cuddle Kai, I felt like he wasn't there. My eyes opened slowly, and I saw a white ceiling.

Hm. That's weird.

I tried to sit up, looking around at my surroundings, but my body was still asleep. All I could see was the white ceiling.

"Miss Giles?" Someone said next to me.

I gasped slightly, turning over to face the beholder of the voice. "Miss Giles. You're in hospital." The man stood there in a long, blue lab coat and glasses on the top of his head. He must be a doctor.

"Why? Where's Kai and everyone else?" I asked desperately.

"Now you're awake, I can take you there. Come on." He smiled, helping me up.

As we started walking, he explained everything to me. "You were knocked out. We just kept you here just in case you had a concussion."

"What happened to everyone else?" I asked worriedly.

"Well. They're all a bit battered and bruised, but most of them are okay." He looked at the floor.

"Thank god." I sighed.

"But... Meredith, I think her name is... Well, she has a broken arm." The doctor told me.

I gasped slightly. Meredith? But she wasn't even in the fight?

When we turned the corner, I saw Kai sitting there, looking at the ground. As he saw me, he stood up and ran over, hugging me tightly.

"Holy shit, babe..." He whispered. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He pulled away from the hug, looking me up and down. "Thank all that is fucking holy that you're fine."

Kai had a split lip and a bruise on his cheekbone. I ran my finger along it, getting tears in my eyes.

I looked up to see Felix, Adrianna and Devin walk quickly down the hallway. "Ashley!" Adrianna started to run. She hugged me, and I said something quickly into her ear.

"How's Meredith?" I asked.

"She's been a lot better. They're operating on her arm." Adrianna said as I pulled away from the hug.

"Everyone except Ashley needs to go and write their details down in the office. Will you be alright here alone for a moment?" The doctor asked me.

I nodded and sat down in a chair, waving at Kai.

As everyone disappeared down the hallway, I felt a hand reach out onto my shoulder.

I spun around. It was Morgan.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what happened." He sighed. "I didn't want anyone to get hurt. Well, except Kai. But anyways."

"Fuck off." I bit my lip so as not to scream with rage.

"Hey, come on. Let's go to my house." Morgan suggested. "We can leave, we're registered."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I spat.

"Are you sure?" He looked at me, and I saw the pure power in his eyes. He had the strength over me, still. And he always would.

"No..." I said, suddenly terrified of him and his actions.

He took my hand and helped me stand up. Morgan lead me out to the front desk, digging his nails in as we held hands, causing me pain.

Morgan signed us out and took me out to his car. The mental grip he had over me was astonishing.

As I climbed in the back of the car, he shut the door and started the engine. What had I done? I'd walked straight back into my problems.

This time, it would be five times harder to resolve. Oh Kai... I loved you...