Twenty Four.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated this story much because I've been really busy. Don't give up on me please, I'm just gonna try and overload myself hahah so much stress!

Thank you for your support :)

*Meredith's POV*

"I thought... I thought you were over this." I whispered, my voice shaking. 

Devin stayed silent, just staring at me, tears forming in his eyes. He reached out to hold my hands, but I pulled away. What was the point anymore? Why did he do this?

It had been a month since Ashley had been returned home safely. Everything had been perfect; nothing was bad. But Devin had done it again. 

Devin had always been the least strong person mentally in our friendship group, but I love him. I love him more than anything. More than existence. So why does he keep spiralling down and doing this to himself? 

A drop of blood from one of Devin's cuts dripped down onto the floor. Suddenly the pain became too much, and I could almost feel my heart shattering into a thousand pieces, all the little pieces of my locked heart flying away in the wind like butterflies. "Meredith..." Devin said, his voice shaking. "Say something... Make it all better again."

"Nothing can make it better, Devin. Nothing. Except you." I shivered. 

"Not even I can make it better. It's been a year and a half since I met you, and I have kept cutting. You know I love you so much, but I'm broken. I'm so broken beyond repair. It's not like you can just pick up all the pieces and fix it together with a band-aid. It's impossible." Devin looked like he was completely done. 

"Please just try." I begged him. 

I looked down at his arm and wiped the dripping blood with my thumb. "I'm just going to get a bandage. Please just stay here. Don't move." I said as I walked downstairs. 

No one, to my knowledge, was in the house except Devin and I. I walked into the kitchen and picked up the first aid kit from behind the cupboards. Kai always insisted we had one just in case any of us got hurt. Which we seem to a lot. We do have our share of drama.

"Hey, why are you crying?" A voice said from behind me.

I spun around. Felix. I can't tell him. I won't tell him. No one needs to know. "I just... Stubbed my toe. That's why I'm getting the first aid kit." I lied.

"You ran down the stairs pretty quick for someone with a hurt toe." Felix raised his eyebrows. 

I shrugged and hurried upstairs again. When I walked in, Devin looked up. "You don't have to lie to him." 

"I do. This is our little secret, Devin. Our little secret." I muttered.