Chapter 10

Harry's POV

Her reaction surprised me nonetheless. I was expecting her to be okay with it, but I was proved wrong and instead, she's reacting like this. I could see how broken, scared, just generally terrified she was, and I hesitated before inching closer and wrapping my arms around her, which she gratefully accepted. I didn't say anything for a few minutes, just letting her cry in my arms. It broke my heart to see her like this, so vulnerable and shattered. I whispered soothing words into her ear, rubbing her back comfortingly and eventually, her cries died down, but she continued sniffling every now and then. Her next words caused me to freeze, and for my hand to clench.

"My brother raped me when I was twelve years old."

"My parents hate each other."

"I feel alone."

To say I was disgusted by the first thing she said was an understatement, and I was outraged, but I forced myself to stay calm, not wanting to scare her.

"I'm sorry, I can't go into detail for the first one." Kat said, her voice cracking as she tried to control the tears threatening to spill over, and I simply nodded, understanding.

"My parents have been fighting since I was three years old, always screaming and yelling. It's way worse than you think, I'm just surprised they haven't divorced.." She trailed off. "My family is really argumental, if you have an opinion you might as well not say it because it'll immediately get shut down. And that's what I hate, nobody ever listens to me," She said sadly. "And I know lots of people have it much worse, but I just can't wait until I'm eighteen and I can move out and move elsewhere. Especially away from Florida."

"I'll listen to you," I spoke up, biting my lip and looking at her seriously. "You can come live with me and the boys, I don't want you to live in an environment like that. And I know we've just met and it seems pretty crazy, but I'm already so attached to you." 

Kat looked up at me, her eyes glossy with tears, and the sadness that showed in them absolutely killed me. It was as if the life got sucked out of her, the happiness just disappearing.

"You'd do that for me?" She asked quietly, unsure yet hopeful.

"Of course. I would do anything for you." I said truthfully, and after those words left my mouth she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much, Harry. But I can't leave until I'm eighteen years old." She said, a bit cheered up but just like that, it was gone. 

"How long until your birthday?" I asked, admiring her features for a moment. She was so beautiful in my eyes, but she was completely clueless about it.

"Well, it's November.. My birthday is in February. Three months away." She replied, letting out a sigh.

I frowned slightly, wishing it was sooner. "I can't stick around for the next three months, love. But I promise that I will talk to you every single day until the day of your birthday. Then I'll take you with me."

"Thank you." She said quietly, then suddenly giggled, a burst of happiness bubbling out of nowhere. "I am never letting you take me drinking again.." 

"You'll get used to it," I smile, happy to see her back to normal again. "But no more drinking, not yet." I laughed, kissing her cheek softly, hesitating first.

Kat simply blushed and smiled shyly. "I trust you, Harry." She said, then leaned in and planted her plump, soft lips onto mine, and it felt as if a million fireworks went off inside my body.

Cliche, I know. I never believed in that stuff. But it's happening now.

It was just a simple peck on the lips that was held longer than normal. We didn't move, our eyes just shut as we stayed like that  for a moment, until she pulled back.

"I trust you," Kat said again, smiling sweetly at me, and I knew that if I were standing, my knees would have gone weak and I obviously would have fallen.

Am I falling in love?

~~~~~~~~'

Spur of the moment kind of thing... Stayed home from school and now I'm updating :)

Please go check out my recently new story, Glen View High! I'll be working on it as well as this one.

Thank you for reading, you're all beautiful and I love you so much, remember that :)

Vote, comment<3 -M xx