Chapter 38

Harry's POV

I couldn't help but feel quite jealous of him, and I bit down on my bottom lip, hesitating for a short moment before finally deciding to be respectful and mature about it all, and I flashed him a friendly smile, sticking my hand out. "Nice to meet you, mate. I'm Harry." I said politely, and he smiled back, taking my hand and shaking it.

"Nice to meet you too." Lucas nodded, dropping my hand after shaking it. He glanced at Katerina and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Sure, he seemed like a nice guy and all, but I felt like he was a bit too close to her. Something was off about him, but I couldn't quite put my  finger on it just yet. 

I smiled and gave him a nod, protectively placing an arm around Katerina's waist. She looked up at me and a soft laugh escaped her lips, a smile breaking out across her face as she kissed my cheek, letting her lips linger for a moment. "Relax." She whispered into my ear, and as soon as I heard her say that, I complied, relaxing completely.

That is, until the two of them decided to strike up a conversation and leave me out of it. Endless flirting occurred between them, and it made me want to rip his head off his shoulders. My nostrils flared, and I took a deep breath, plastering a smile onto my face so neither of them would expect the intense jealousy that was surely vibing off from me. Flirting, flirting, and even more flirting. After about half an hour of this going on, I snapped and we stood in the middle of the ice rink.

"Could you please stop flirting with my girlfriend?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at Lucas and running a hand through my hair, clearly frustrated. Katerina looked surprised, and a slightly embarrassed look crossed her face. Lucas immediately shook his head, his eyes widening slightly.

"Harry, it's not what you think. She is definitely not my type." Lucas said quickly, not realizing how offending that must've sounded. "I'd never flirt with her."

"Excuse me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him, getting a bit upset. "What are you talking about?" I said, moving a bit closer to him and moving Kat a bit to the side, defending her.

"Harry, Lucas is gay." Katerina said quickly, biting her lip and gently pushing me away from him, standing in between the two of us. "He didn't mean it like that, he just means that he likes guys." She explained, causing Lucas to clear his throat and look away, a light pink tinging his cheeks. My mouth dropped open slightly, and all of the jealousy and anger instantly went away.

"Sorry, mate. I didn't know." I apologized sincerely, feeling a bit bad I had snapped at him for something he hadn't done. 

"It's alright." Lucas laughed softly, looking back at me and shrugging slightly. "You didn't know I was gay, so it's no problem." He smiled, then he looked at his phone. "Whoa, it's later than I thought. I've got to get going, boyfriend will be worried." He laughed, skating off and waving. "I'll text you, Kat!" He called, before disappearing out of the building after turning in his skates.

"My bad." I said, laughing quietly, a sheepish smile on my face. Thankfully, Katerina smiled back, not seeming upset with me at all and she shrugged.

"It's alright, you didn't know. I kind of expected you to be a little jealous anyway." Katerina laughed, grinning at me as we turned in our skates at the entrance and left the building, heading back to the beach house. 

"I don't like it when I think guys are flirting with my girl. Because she's mine." I grinned, taking her hand and intertwining my fingers with hers. 

"Well, you thought wrong this time." Kat giggled softly, leaning up and kissing my cheek as we walked. I smiled widely and squeezed her hand a bit, pulling her closer to me and putting an arm around her, noticing her shiver.