Chapter 36

Harry's POV

A silence fell upon the whole group, before shouts of protests came from each one of us, except me. I was stunned, and speechless. One of my biggest and worst nightmares had just come true.

"Are you kidding me? He screwed up once! He's not going to do it again!" Louis said defensively, disbelief and anger showing in his eyes as he shouted at them through the phone.

"It's already done." One of the people on our management team said calmly.

"That's absolute bullshit. If you kick Harry out of the band, then I quit." Niall said stiffly, his fists clenched by his sides.

"I quit too." Liam said without a hint of hesitation, nodding in agreement.

"So will I." Zayn said softly, kind of just staying quiet the entire time except for his outburst that happened a couple of seconds ago.

"Me too." Louis said finally, nodding. "We had a deal. The band is only the band if we're all in it. You kick one of us out, you kick all of us out. So it's your choice. Keep Harry in the band, or lose us all." He bargained, not backing down.

We heard a few murmurs of discussion from the phone, but none of us could make out what they were saying.

"I'm sorry. Then we'll just have to let you all go." He replied, and suddenly the phone was snatched out of my hand.

"Listen up, management." Katerina spoke into the phone, clearly irritated and annoyed. "I'd just like to let you know you're making the biggest mistake of your lives, because this band is reaching their peak of success at the moment." She seethed. "I'm a fan. And if you want the cold truth, it's that you all are going to be losing a ton of money if you get rid of this band. Harry is a teenage boy, remember that. He has feelings, and he's not perfect like you think he is. He's a human being and he makes mistakes like everyone else does, got it? Besides, you're only their management. You can't ruin them." She scoffed, smirking to herself. "Remember Simon Cowell? Can't forget him. At the snap of his finger he could find a better management than you all. Guess who wins? We do. Guess what you lose? Money. People are going to be so angry with you, and surprised you made such an idiotic mistake such as kicking these boys out of their own band, that anyone else who has potential in the music industry will never want to sign with you. So, I suggest you keep your mouths shut and build a bridge and get over it. Threatening doesn't help anyone." She spat, before tossing the phone back to me and crossing her arms, avoiding our gazes.

There was silence for a few moments, before he cleared his throat. "Well. I suppose you're right.." He said hesitantly, and we were all surprised at how she managed to change his mind so quickly. "We can't risk it anymore though, so will you boys please try not to mess up too much? Thank you. Goodbye." He said, hanging up the call.

"She's at it again." Louis joked, a relieved sigh escaping his lip. We all looked at him confusedly, not getting what he was saying. "Ranting." Louis laughed, smiling brightly at Katerina.

"It's my specialty." Katerina shrugged, smiling softly. "So, before we were rudely interrupted, what did you all want to tell me?" She asked, calming down.

I stiffened up, looking over at the four boys. I shook my head slightly. "I'm not leaving her and I'm not leaving the band." I whispered, then I turned to her and scooped her up into my arms.

"Sweetheart, you heard the man. The band has to keep a low profile. So, lets all try not to cause any trouble. Sound good?" I suggested, smiling and looking into her eyes.

"That sounds lovely." Katerina replied, smiling sweetly and looking relieved. "I promise I'll try not to cause any trouble." She said, nodding. "Now, when is your next concert?" She asked.