Chapter 39

Katerina's POV

"Babe, want a beer? We got Louis to buy some since he's old enough." I heard Harry call from the kitchen, and a laugh followed shortly after. Liam, Harry, and I had gotten back from our day out; and I was incredibly exhausted. More than I should be, actually.

"Uh, no thanks." I called back, hoping he didn't suspect anything just by that. I wasn't going to consume any alcohol with the possibility of me being pregnant, not at all. I was pretty sure Harry knew something was going on, but it was my fault for acting so weirdly today. If he suggested something that might be a little bit too outrageous, I immediately declined. I was silent as well throughout most of the day, unable to get this situation out of my mind. I was eighteen years old, I wasn't fit to be a mother, right? I just needed to talk to someone. I clearly couldn't talk to Harry though, so I only had one option.

"Liam, could I please talk to you?" I cleared my throat, seeing Harry glance over at us from the kitchen curiously. Liam knew what I wanted to talk about, so he nodded without hesitation and we both stood up, heading into a separate room so Harry couldn't overhear our conversation. What bugged me, was that I felt Harry's eyes on us the entire time.

"I don't know what I'm going to do." I whispered as soon as we were out of Harry's range of hearing. "I really don't, I-I.. I just.. I'm so scared." I cried, my eyes filling with tears in a matter of a few seconds and they spilled freely. "What if I am pregnant, Liam? I can't be a mother!" I said, shaking my head vigorously. "I'm too young and immature, I'm not fit to be a mother of a child, let alone raise one."

"Hey, don't think like that." Liam said softly, immediately pulling me into a comforting hug. "I think you'll make an amazing mother. You're not immature at all, you're very mature for your age. I know, because everytime I hear you talk about something that is important, you're serious about it. You don't just throw it around like it's nothing. You're going to be a great mother if you are pregnant, I promise." He said soothingly, rubbing my back.

"That's not all of it though." I said, breathing in sharply and trying to control my tears. "I'm terrified of how Harry will react. What if he leaves me? What if he doesn't want the baby?" I said, thinking of all of the worst reactions Harry could possibly have if I turned out being pregnant.

"Harry isn't like that, Kat. I'm sure he'd be ecstatic about having a little boy or girl with you." Liam said softly, sighing. "He's completely and irrevocably in love with you, and I know that nothing is going to change that. He's said it before. He even plans to marry you when the time is right, that is, if you want to. He wouldn't leave you if you were pregnant. Even if he didn't love you, he would stay, because he believes it's wrong to leave a child without its father." He continued, trying to convince me, and it was partially working. "But he does love you, so he will definitely stay and he will love you and that baby with all of his heart."

I took a deep breath, my cries calming down to soft, occasional sobs. I nodded slowly, still a bit hesitant about it all. "O-Okay." I stammered, my head still buried into his chest so my words came out quite muffled. "I can tell Harry knows something is up." I mumbled, shaking my head and stepping back from Liam, wiping my eyes. "I really hope he doesn't think I'm cheating on him or something."

"I'm sure he won't." Liam reassured, giving me a slight smile. "He knows you better than that."

~*~

Over the course of the next week, things didn't seem to get any better. Every morning, I got sick, and Harry surprisingly hadn't figured anything out, believing the story I had about saying I had the flu. So at the moment, we had just arrived to where their next concert would be, in Los Angeles, California. Since they had four shows here, we booked a hotel and Liam and I made up an excuse about going out to get something to eat. Thankfully, no one felt very hungry so we quickly left and drove to the nearest pharmacy, making sure that we both wouldn't be recognized.