Chapter 21

Niall's POV

"We are such idiots.." Harry spoke up after a few minutes of the awkward silence that had fallen upon us. "I can't believe I let my jealousy get in the way of my relationship." He sighed, running a hand through his hair and tugging at it due to his frustration.

"We are idiots." I confirmed, nodding in complete agreement. "I let my jealousy get in the way of my friendship." I said, sighing and feeling horrible about it. Were we really fighting over a girl? We were hurting her in the process, and I'm almost positive that was not what the both of us wanted. We've known each other longer, and we all swore we would never let a girl get in between us. But look what's happening now. We let a girl come between us, our friendship.

"Niall.." Harry said, pausing for a moment, as if he was gathering his thoughts together. "We shouldn't fight. She's right, we're being immature. Instead of doing a silly competition, let's just let it go however it's supposed to. Whoever she wants to be with, she'll be with." He said. "Agreed?"

I nodded slowly, knowing that that would be the best thing to do at the moment. "Agreed." I said, looking at him. "Mate, I'm really sorry." I apologized, feeling guilty at all that I had done, including the Lena thing. It was going to help me out though, so a small part of me didn't regret it.

"Hey, it's alright, buddy. No worries." Harry reassured, smiling a bit and we decided to hug it out. "Let's just be adults about this and let her decide on her own."

"Yeah, yeah. And whoever she chooses, no hard feelings, aye?" I said, looking at him after we pulled back from the hug.

"No hard feelings." Harry nodded, grinning before he playfully shoved me. "Good to have you back, pal." He laughed.

"You too." I said, grinning at him, but then we both went serious. "Right now though, we have to help each other and focus on something else.." I trailed off. It seemed as though Harry already knew what I was talking about, so he simply nodded.

"I know exactly what you mean. We need to figure out a way to get Kat to forgive us. How, though?" He asked, pinching the bridge of his nose, a habit he had whenever he was thinking too much.

"I'm not sure, we have to come up with something good. Something that doesn't make her think we're doing it just to get her to forgive us, but something that makes us seem like we're really sorry. Which we are." Niall added, biting his lip.

After a few minutes of silence, Harry grinned. "I've got it!" He exclaimed. "The three of us should go to the fair tomorrow. Together. And you and me have to show her that we're not upset with each other. After she sees that she might think that we're actually going to be mature about the situation and let her have the decision instead of us doing things to make her like us more." He said, shrugging as if it was the easiest thing in the world. It really wasn't, though.

"That's smart, but how are we going to get her to come to the fair with us?.. She hates us right now." I said, raising an eyebrow at him, wanting to see what he would come up with.

Harry thought for a moment but his grin didn't fade, since he quickly got another idea. "We'll bring Louis, Liam, and Zayn with us. So then she can't refuse, even after she sees the two of us are going." He said.

"And then, we'll make sure that the group splits up at some time and it'll just be the three of us. She can't avoid conversation." I finished, seeing what his point was. "That's perfect." I grin, clapping my hands together. "So tomorrow, right?"

"Tomorrow." Harry agreed, and with that, he left my room just in case Kat decided to randomly walk in. I'm pretty sure she'd be suspicious if she saw the two of us being all friendly after what happened not half an hour ago.

I just hope this works.

~~~~~~~~~

Hiii, thank you so so much for reading!

Made me extremely happy yesterday to see how many reads, votes and comments I got :)

Please vote and comment, hope you enjoy!

-M x