Chapter 26

Katerina's POV

I sat up straight, gasping for air, my eyes wide as I quickly looked around. I instantly became confused after seeing I was still in the hospital bed, and I looked to my right, seeing the heart monitor was perfectly fine, it was just going a bit fast right now. I took a deep breath, calming myself and trying to figure out what just happened.

"What the fuck." I said, extremely confused as I looked to my other side. Harry was still there, but I swear I was just on the floor, I swear I heard the beeping go flat. I died, didn't I? I slowly got out of the bed, taking all of the stupid wires off of me, and I stepped onto the floor, wobbling a bit. My breathing was normal, I wasn't collapsing. Okay, something isn't right here. I shook my head and closed my eyes, calming myself before I slowly walked over to Harry, who lay stiffly on the hospital bed, his eyes shut. What if they never open again?

I felt myself panicking again but I managed to stop it before anything too drastic happened. I reached for his hand, gently taking it. I ached for him to move, to hold my hand and tell me everything was going to be okay, but I guess the roles were reversed now.

"I love you, Harry." I whispered, almost inaudibly, and I saw his lips twitch slightly, causing hope to spark inside of me. But then, the most confusing and devastating thing happened. The beeping coming from the heart monitor started beeping uncontrollably quickly, and my eyes widened.

"Nurse!" I yelled. "Nurse!" I called, and seconds later a nurse came running in. After she heard the beeping, she called for the doctor, who rushed in and ordered for the nurse to take me away.

"What? No!" I say, shaking my head quickly. "I'm not leaving him again! No!" I say, trying to get out of her grip and the other boys came over to help her. "No!" I said, crying again as I continued fighting to get back into the room, Harry still in my sight.

"Ma'am, I need you to calm down." A nurse said, pulling out a strange needle with a weird liquid inside of it, but I ignored it.

"Kat, don't do this, please." Louis said gently, and I shook my head. "Let me go!" I yelled, but then I suddenly felt drowsy. I looked to my left and saw a nurse had given me a shot to put me to sleep for a short while so I would stop.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked, my eyes drooping lazily, tears continuing to fall.

"I don't know." The nurse replied, those three words breaking my heart.

"He didn't make it." I heard the doctor say suddenly as he stepped back out of the room, a sad expression on his face, but I didn't have a choice except to succumb into unconsciousness yet again.

* *

He didn't make it. He didn't make it.

The words flew around my mind as I slowly started to gain back consciousness, and as soon as I was aware of my surroundings, I started to cry. A lot.

"Where is he?" I cried out, feeling people try to comfort me but I just curled myself up into a ball.

"Tell me where he is." I sobbed quietly.

"He's still in his room." A nurse replied quietly, and I stood up, pushing past everyone. No one tried to stop me this time. I stepped into the room where he was held and cried even harder at the sight of his lifeless body.

"Why?" I whispered to myself, slowly walking over to him. "Why did you do this?" I cried. I probably sounded insane, talking to a dead person. A dead person. My dead boyfriend. Who overdosed.

"Is it because of me?" I wailed, collapsing in place, my head dropping onto his chest, my fists balled up.

After a few minutes I managed to calm down, knowing he wouldn't want me to be like this. He didn't want anyone to mourn over him, he wanted them to be happy about what they had.

"I'll see you soon Harry, I promise." I whispered. "I love you so much and I'm so, so sorry." I said, sniffling, and I heard a small beeping noise, I could barely hear it. But I knew it was most likely my imagination.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I heard a voice croak out raspily, and then I felt my hand being opened, my fingers being laced with another's, our hands fitting perfectly. I gasped, lifting my head up and catching the gaze of the boy I loved so dearly, seeing the green eyes I fell in love with.

"What? H-how..?" I cried, shaking my head, trying to comprehend how he was alive right in front of me.

"I really don't know but just be glad I'm here. I'm sorry, and I love you too. Always. I promised I'd never leave you." Harry said weakly, giving me a small smile.

I simply nodded and reached over, hugging him lightly, not wanting to hurt him. "Don't ever do that to me again." I cried.

"I won't, I promise." Harry said, smiling. "Now shut up and kiss me." He joked, causing me to laugh.

"Same old Harry." I said, finally smiling before I leaned down and pressed my lips to his

~~~~~~~~

Awww omfg. Just a reminder this is a piece of fiction, so I'm pretty sure that doesn't exactly happen that way. I've heard of people being dead for like forty minutes and they were brought back to life. So lets just say that's what happened here! I can't use my wifi until tomorrow, but I'm going to turn it on just to update quickly then I'll shut it off :)

Oh, I also just realized I'm like four votes away from a total of 1k on all of my stories and I cried. I didn't think I'd get this far :') so thank you, really!

Thank you so much for reading :) Please vote, comment, and fan!

Love you all. Xxx -M