Chapter 34

Niall's POV

I took Lisa outside of the room, getting the other boys to calm her down as well as distract her before I headed back to Harry and Katerina's room, utterly confused, but I was pretty sure something had happened between the three of them. The question was, who was the one who initiated it?

I opened the door to see the two of them hugging and Katerina looked like she was almost in tears.

"I'm sorry to break this up, but.. What the hell was all of that?" I asked, causing the two of them to immediately break away from each other and awkwardly look around the room before their eyes landed on me.

"Well?" I asked again, raising an eyebrow curiously.

They looked at each other, having a sort of silent conversation and Harry gave a slight nod, which caused Katerina to sigh, before looking at me again.

"Niall, I.." She started to say, but she paused to search for the right words. "Lisa.. She's just.. She's just using you." She said quietly, rubbing her arm uncomfortably. "I'm sorry."

My eyes widened in disbelief and I shook my head. "No, no, that's impossible! Lisa wouldn't do that, she's super sweet. You're lying." I said, narrowing my eyes at the both of them.

"She's not lying." Harry cut in defensively, glaring at me. "Look, I came in here to look for my phone charger and she came in and was all over me. Kat heard everything, came in, and that's when the fight all started." He explained, and I shook my head again. I refused to believe that, there was no way Lisa would do something like that.

"She's up to something, but I don't know what. Are you really believing her over your best friend and me?" Katerina said, looking at me shocked, and I didn't notice the obvious hurt shown in her eyes.

"I'd believe her over a girl who broke my heart." I insulted. That wasn't true, but I wasn't thinking straight. "She wouldn't do that, alright? Can't you just be happy for me that I've finally found someone who likes me for me? Instead of just lying and trying to get me to hate her?" I asked, shaking my head. "Just.. Forget it. You guys obviously don't want me to be happy, but I know Lisa wouldn't ever do that. None of you are going to keep me from liking her." I said, clearly upset, and I stormed out of the room before they could say anything. The boys looked at me with confused looks but I completely ignored them.

"Lisa, come on." I said, and she hopped up, following me out of the tour bus.

"Niall, I'm so, so sorry. I don't know what happened, Katerina just lashed out at me for no reason." Lisa cried, tears streaming down her face, but what I didn't know was that they were fake.

"I'm sorry, please don't cry." I said softly, pulling her into a hug. "They're not going to bother you ever again, alright?" I reassured, whispering comforting words into her ear. After a few minutes she calmed down and nodded, while I wiped her tears away with my thumb.

"O-okay, Niall. Thank you. I hope you're right." She said quietly, and I kissed her forehead.

"I promise I'll protect you from anyone." I whispered, smiling, immediately being cheered up just by her presence with me. "Now come on, we need to get back on the bus. They won't bother you." I said, taking her onto the bus again.

"Niall, mate. Can I talk to you, with Louis and Zayn?" Liam asked, and I nodded. It was Liam, I trusted him. He never took any sides.

"Sure," I said, kissing Lisa's cheek. "I'll be right back." I smiled, and she nodded while I went into another room with Liam, Louis, and Zayn.

"I'm just going to get straight to the point. You need to listen to me, Ni." Liam said. "We're closest with each other than any of the others boys," he continued, Zayn and Louis nodding in agreement.

"This.. This Lisa girl. There's something fishy about her.. I just don't have a good feeling ab-" I cut him off before he could say anything else, glaring at the three of them.

"You guys too? Seriously? Can't you just leave it alone and be happy for me?" I asked, shaking my head. "This is ridiculous, just leave me alone."

"No." Louis said sternly. "Shut up and listen to us, get your head straight. This girl isn't up to any good."

"She's just using you. That's what I think, at least. I mean, come on. She seems literally too perfect. Too nice. I think it's an act." Zayn said, biting his lip.

"Harry, come in here, will you?" Liam called suddenly, and after a minute Harry appeared in the room. I didn't say anything, getting a bit upset at their comments. Harry glanced at me and I simply glared at him.

Louis reached over and locked the door, then Liam sighed, giving Louis a nod.

"Your girlfriends are tearing us apart." Louis said, directing it towards Harry and I.

"What?" Harry and I said at the same time.

"Well, I mean she's not my girlfriend yet.." I said. "But she's not tearing us apart." I said, pushing away the other situation for now. "We promised we'd never let that happen."

"And Katerina hasn't done anything wrong, she isn't tearing us apart." Harry defended, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Look at us." Louis sighed. "Ever since Harry met Kat, and ever since Niall met Lisa.. We've been a mess. We're growing apart, and the little time the five of us are actually together, we're arguing. Yes, we did promise each other, but it's obvious that that promise didn't work out too well." He explained, looking at all of us seriously. "Kat.. She's just been.. Causing a lot of drama. Come on, Harry. You ended up in the hospital twice because of her. You almost died." He said, flinching at the though. "And Niall.. Mate, you pretty much hate all of us because we said something bad about Lisa. You won't even believe us, your best friends." He explained.

"We said we would never let a girl tear us apart. But look now, you two are letting two girls ruin this friendship. I love Kat, she's a really nice girl, Harry.. But think about it, it's just.. They're both making this friendship between the five of us slowly start to fall apart."

"Well, what are you saying, then?" I asked, thinking about it. In a way, he was right. It'd be hard, but I would give up a girl to keep this friendship together, to keep the band together.

"Yeah, what are you saying?" Harry asked unsurely, looking down at his feet.

"What we're trying to say is.. If we want to keep from the band breaking up, then.." Louis started. to say, but he looked away before he could finish his sentence.

"Harry, you have to leave Kat. And Niall, you have to forget about Lisa." Liam said. "I'm sorry, but.."

"It's for the band." Zayn cut in. "For our friendship's sake."

Harry and I looked at the three boys, then at each other, before we finally looked at the door. I knew we were thinking the same thing; wondering about the girls. What they would do. I knew it was worse for Harry though, he was completely in love with Kat. But now he was being forced to choose. The love of his life, or the band, his friends? And I was being forced to choose, between my possible girlfriend who makes me feel more differently than any other, or between my four friends I had sworn I'd never leave. That I had sworn I'd never choose a girl over them.

I made eye contact with Harry once again, and I knew both of our decisions without any doubts about it. It was an obvious answer.

* *

I'm sorry omfg I don't know what that was all about but it just kind of happened.

Updating might be a bit slow because I'm on vacation in Las Vegas right now woo, and the wifi is shit so it doesn't really work sometimes. And if any of you message me on Kik (mwalker53) I'll most likely not be able to answer. But whenever my wifi starts to work, the first thing I'll be doing is writing!

Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter!

Please,

VOTE,

FAN,

and COMMENT!

Thank you for readingggg :) -M x