Chapter One: Party Bets

"Come on!" Marina begged. She threw on a sequin dress and high heeled boots.

"No Marina, I'm not going to your ridiculous bonfire party. It's stupid and immature, plus no one wears sequins anymore." I scoffed.

"Taylor Swift does." she sadly pouted and I rolled my eyes.

"To hell with her. And besides," I groaned as I hauled myself off of my bed "this has been the fourth party you've thrown, you need to stop."

"Please Emma! There'll be booze!" she begged.

"This is exactly why I don't want to go."

"Why? Because you don't want to have fun?"

"Because I don't want to be stinking drunk."

A twisted smirk flashed on her face and I groaned as Marina conjured an idea. "Well I'll get stinking drunk."

"No Marina-

"And who'll drive me home?" she sarcastically wondered and folded her arms across her chest.

"Don't you dare get drunk-

But she cut me off too quickly "Maybe Charles will, you know the fifty-something guy who'll supply the booze for us-

"Okay! I'll go!"

"Yay!" she squealed and jumped up and down like a toddler.

"But the only reason is to drive my dumb and drunk friend home safely." I said.

"Doesn't matter," she said with a devious giggle "I'm going to dress you up so sexy, all the guys will love it!"

"It's just a bonfire." I sighed but she didn't listen to me and started to tear up both of our closets.

"You know this is a dorm room, not a department store, Marina." I said but she didn't care and continued to mix and match both of our clothes like a crazy witch who's brewing up a potion. Yeah. A potion to make me sexy. Me? Sexy? In your dreams.

"Oh! I got it!" she shouted and I tossed me a red body-con dress and black heels.

"Are you serious." I sighed and screamed as she grabbed for my hair with a hot and ready curling iron.

"Deal with it, Emma! Pain equals beauty!" she said while trying to wrestle me down to pierce extra holes in my ears.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Hurry up, we're going to be late!" Marina shouted from the door as I walked out of the bathroom and tripped over clumps of stray clothes on the ground.

After about two hours of screaming and arguing, we both compromised to have me wear a pair of jean shorts, a red tee shirt, and a pair of black leather heeled boots. She wanted me to also carry around a black leather jacket. Not to wear, but of course to carry it behind me like a biker chic to give guys major boners.

"Oh my god! You look perfect!" she clapped her hands wildly as we drove to the bonfire.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow as pulled on my wild curly brown hair and fake eyebrow piercings.

"What? It makes you look scary." Marina complimented.

I sighed deeply and for the whole car ride I picked at my fake piercings.

When we arrived at the bonfire it was cold and breezy. After two minutes Marina already has a ready and cold bud-light in her palm and I had to steer her clear away from the muscle-y and tan-toned guys that wore snap backs and sport hoodies.