Chapter Five: Date Night

When I arrived back to my dorm, Marina was squealing happily that I finally have a date. Shocker. Not. She started fitting me and forcing me to try on her shoes. By the way, they were five inches past me falling on the ground.

"You're going on a date! You're going on a date!" Marina ran around the dorm room singing and chanting over and over and over again.

"You can calm down now." I sighed at her and jumped into a pair of jeans and a sweater.

Marina shot me the evil eye when she saw me jump into comfy clothes.

"Absolutely not!" she pulled my sweater from my reach and threw me a pleated dress with rose prints on it.

"Rose print? Gross." I scowled and tossed the dress back to her.

"What wrong with a little print to spice up your life?" Marina frowned at me the tossed me a black mini skirt with a pair of dark red heels.

"Wear the dress or wear this with your sweater with this, it'll give you a cute girl look." she smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"I thought you said I was going for a bad-ass biker chic look." I stared at the heels with disinterest.

"You are, but this date is to impress Dylan and I know Dylan. He's probably dated a wild sorority girl in the past as well as a crazy rebel chic with orange hair. He needs something new." she said and shot me a bunch of hair ties.

"I don't get where you're going with this." I sighed and tossed the hair ties away.

"It means that he's already dated dangerous girls, because he's not as dangerous enough. So he needs someone to show him that."

Oh trust me Marina. I'm sure Dylan's dangerous enough.

"So now he wants a good girl, someone like you. But because of your anger you might scare him away, so that's why I've got dress you up." Marina said smoothing her cardigan.

"Wow," I nodded impressed "those Psychology classes have been paying off."

"Oh my God, I know right." she flipped her hair dramatically then threw me a pair of pearl earrings.

"You also want to look classy too." he pointed out.

"He also doesn't like over-rated people." I retaliated.

"You saw it too?" she said impressed.

"Yeah, so shouldn't I not try hard." I pointed out.

"You're right," she sighed "just wear regularly then. But at least put on some make up." she begged and I laughed a little.

---

Dylan came over to pick me up later. The sun was down and a few specks of stars glittered in the sky. I ran outside my dorm building and into the parking lot, when I jumped in I noticed Dylan sitting on the passenger seat and someone else driving.

"Hey Emma, you remember Damien don't you?" Dylan said and immediately a head popped out in front of me like a pop-goes-the-weasel toy box.

"Yeah." I said my lips curling bitterly at him.

"Wow," Damien said "you were much more enthusiastic the last time I saw you."

I folded my arms and leaned back on the back seat of the car, the leather seating poked into my skin and cooled my nervous self.

"I never asked to be a part of this." I scowled at the two of them and they just shrugged, not caring what I think.

"You really don't have a choice," Dylan said then a sadistic smile swirled on his face like an image "you don't want anything to happen to Marina right?"