Practice and Tryouts

*About a month later (End of July-ish)*

*Riot's POV*

Alright, it was probably a stupid idea to put off practicing for it, but cheering tryouts for my Junior year of college are next Friday. It has just been so hard since Echo and I just finished touring with the guys--which was totally fucking amazing by the way--and with Echo being pregnant (the first moth was horrible for everyone), it's just been impossible to practice. I still stretched mostly every night and I went over basic moves, but I just finished making up my own cheer and chant! I'll probably end up using the same one from last year.

It's Sunday though and cheer camp starts tomorrow. It starts at four and ends at seven. It's a lot of work, but we have to learn three chants and two cheers, plus a dance. Sure it doesn't sound hard, but it really is. It's extremely stressful, but to me, it's totally worth it. I've been cheering since I was in second grade! A whole year before the rest of my class!

I'm just really stressed because these things are on Friday . . . At least Andy is super supportive of me.

"Riot, don't you think you should be practicing?" He asked me as I was laying in our shared bunk with an AP magazine. I groaned and threw the magazine at him and pulled the pillow over my head.

"I don't wanna!" I said through the pillow.

I heard Andy sigh. "Please do not make me tickle you. Do you remember what happened last time?"

Jeez, how could I forget. I was laying in bed and he wanted me to get up. Him not realizing how spazzy I get, tickled me and I ended up hitting my head on the ceiling. I kicked the wall, too and I broke two toes. He felt horrible afterwards, but I was totally fine.

"SIGH! Fine . . . But you have to help me," I told him when I rolled out of the bunk. He smiled at me, which I took as a yes about the helping. I taught him some basic things so he knew what to look for while I practiced. This had to be perfect.

We walked over to the lounge area in the front of the bus and he sat down on the couch. I stood in front of him and he smiled at me. The rest of the guys were still sleeping, so I figured I should probably be quiet.

"Okay, let's see your cheer." Andy said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and places my fists on my hips. Smiling, I started my cheer. I continued through the cheer until I finished it and Andy applauded me afterwards.

"Riot, you are an amazing cheerleader! They have to be crazy to not let you on the squad." I blushed at this and he continued talking. "The only problem I see with it is your . . ." He turned a bit to check which side. "Yeah, your left wrist was a little retarded. Like it was bent downwards like this," he showed me what it looked like and I frowned. Shit, that wasn't good.

"Alright, I'll try to fix it." I sighed. "I want to do my chant first though." He nodded at me and I did the whole thing three times through, since that was what was required.

Andy beamed at me and I blushed. His smile was so adorable. "Perfect! That was spot on! Okay now try your cheer again. I don't want you doing your jumps or tumbling until we get off of the bus."

I took a deep breath and started my cheer again. "Maroon, Gold and White! Huskies, Let's fight!" (A/N: They go to Bloomsburg University in PA. I did my research! ;D) Finishing the cheer once again, Andy smiled even more. That was actually a lot better. Your wrist wasn't bent at all!" I giggled and his face got serious again. "Now let's see you do a split, and I think you'll be able to manage a cartwheel here."

This went on for about one to two hours each day that week. He helped me with the dance and other cheers and chants, perfecting everything. I was so lucky to have him in my life . . .