Our Adventures at Walmart

*One week later*

*Riot's POV*

It's been a week and I haven't gotten any better. I actually got worse. I was so sore and I couldn't get out of bed at all. Echo was taking care of me, but she was constantly on the phone with CC, so I just slept most of the time. She would bring me soup when she got the chance to, but I could barely keep it down. I sipped apple juice through a pink straw when I was actually up. I probably went through two big containers per day of apple juice. It tasted fucking amazing and it made me feel a little better.

I was laying in bed and had a killer headache. I had three thick blankets on top of me, but I was still freezing cold. I pushed the covers off of me a little bit to free my arms. I figured I hadn't taken any medicine in a few hours and I was supposed to take something every four hours.

I grabbed the small bottle of pills off of the bedside table and shook it. It didn't make much noise. Shit. I pushed down on the white cap and opened it. I looked at the two lonely pills sitting at the bottom of the container and sighed. Pouring the pills into my hand, I grabbed my glass of apple juice and sipped a little through the straw.

I put both of the pills on my tongue and gulped some apple juice. Swallowing the pills hurt like a bitch because I had been coughing so much. I set the glass back on the little white table and coughed loudly.

"Echoooo!!!!" I whined while pulling the covers over my head. "Echooooo. come heeeeere!!!!"

I heard my bedroom door open and her giggling through the blankets. "Hey, CC, I gotta go. Riot still isn't feeling any better. I'll call you later, okay?" I heard a muffled response from CC and Echo giggled again. "Buh bye!" She ended the call. "What now, Riot? Need more apple juice?" I heard her walk over to the side of my bed.

I took the covers off of my head and was glad she hadn't turned the light on. I sniffled and coughed before replying. "I need more pills . . ." Cough. "I just ran out and the doctor said to take two every four hours until I was better." Cough.

She sighed and felt my forehead. "Well it feels like your fever has gone down . . . And your nose isn't leaking boogers anymore. Are you going to come with me?" She asked and I nodded. She helped me stand up and then tried to brush out my hair a little bit with her fingers. "Okay put your jacket and shoes on and meet me in the living room."

She walked out of the room and I stood there in the dark for a minute. I was so fucking dizzy. I looked around and saw my converse sitting on the floor by my closet. I was too lazy to put them on. I opened my closet door and looked on the floor for my slippers. I found them in the back corner because I never wear them. They're bright pink and extremely fuzzy and they look like little pigs. I smiled and slid them on and grabbed my Harry Potter jacket off of the shelf.

When I walked out of my room, I saw Echo waiting for me by the door. She helped me put my jacket on and put the hood up to hide my hair. She handed me a pair of her sunglasses and helped me to the car. Once I was buckled, she sped off.

*twenty minutes later*

Thank God we didn't live far away from Walmart! I got out of the car and walked to the door with Echo. She went over to get a cart and I waited. A few people walked past me and I pulled my hood up more. I was probably really pale and I know I look like shit. I'm in my pajamas too, which didn't help my situation.

Echo walked back over with a shopping cart--buggie as we call it--and looked at me with the most serious face. "Get in," she said to me.

"What?"

"Get in the damn buggie. I don't want you passing out in the middle of the store." I shrugged and jumped into the cart and pulled my knees up to my chest. My stomach hurt now that I got out of the house. Great.

She pushed me around the store and people just stared at me. It took forever to find everything we needed to get. Echo was throwing things on top of me and laughing. I groaned and she threw a bunch of Ramen Noodles and Mac and Cheese on top of me. I groaned again and threw one of the Ramen Noodle packs at her. She caught it and dropped it back into the cart.

We walked around some more and she threw a pack of toilet paper, Honey Nut Cheerios (that came with a free Batman toy), Mini Wheats and a gallon of milk on top of me. The milk was fucking freezing so I made her put it on the little shelf-thing under the buggie. Now we're standing by the Pop-tarts arguing and people are staring again.

"I don't want the chocolate ones, Echo!" I screamed. I saw a mother pulling her son out of the isle to get away from us.

"Well I don't want the cherry!" She screamed back.

"Bitch, the cherry ones are the fucking best!"

"No they are fucking not! Guuuuurl, you is cray cray!"

I laughed really loud at her attempt at a ghetto voice. Why were we still arguing about this? We always argue about this and end up getting the same flavor every time.

"Just stop and get those ones. My head is starting to hurt again," I pointed at the box of Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-tarts and she threw them at me. I caught them and set them down next to me. The buggie was starting to get a little full.

She pushed me around the store a little more and we grabbed what we needed--and a few things we didn't need. We went over to the toys section and bought Batman masks, rubber duckies and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Turtle Communicator . Not sure why she bought that last one, but whatever. I was too sick to care.

I closed my eyes for a few minutes as she pushed me around some more. My head was killing me and I wanted apple juice. When I opened my eyes we were by the medicine and Echo was trying to find whatever the hell the doctor told me to get. He didn't even give me a prescription, just told me to pick up some generic shit. She threw the little box on my stomach and I groaned. The corner hit right above my belly button and it hurt, even with the two layers of clothing I had on.

"Sorry," she muttered. I closed my eyes again.

When I opened my eyes again, there was more random shit piled on top of me. Batteries . . . A few packs of gum . . . Batman and Moustache duct tape . . . A birthday card . . . Well alrighty then.

I looked around and saw that we were in line. The cashier lady was old and moving reeeeally slow. Ugh.

After a few minutes, Echo started putting things on the little conveyor belt and the little old lady kept giving us funny looks. I laughed quietly to myself and watched her put things on the belt. Pop-tarts. Pills. Milk. Duckies. A small box. Duct tape. Masks.

Wait . . .

What's that little box?

I sat up a little to get a closer look at the top. Echo didn't notice, she was still putting things on the conveyor belt as it moved. I sat up more and more until I was almost standing in the cart. When I was finally able to see what the box was, I gasped loudly, resulting in me throwing a coughing fit and almost falling out of the cart.

Echo looked at me and tried to calm me down because more people were staring. Why was I coughing so loud?!

As soon as I stopped coughing I stared at Echo in disbelief. "What? What's wrong?" She asked concerned. I noticed that the conveyor belt had stopped moving and I reached for the little box. I heard her gulp loudly. It felt like the whole store was staring at us now.

"What is this?!" I screamed at her. That was probably a bad idea.

She sighed and looked at the ground. I saw a tear start rolling down her face when she replied.

"Riot," she whispered. "I think I'm pregnant . . ."

_____________________________________________________

I was listening to music while typing this and the music video for "Fallen Angels" came on. I had to get up to get a water since I was throwing a coughing fit and wasn't looking when I paused the video. I laughed so fucking hard just because it seemed epic to me. I found a picture close to where I paused it, but for some reason I can't put it on the side.....