Chapter 1: Peace and Quiet

Peace and quiet. Now that was something hard to come by, even in the Uchiha Clan. Not as large as other clans, but by far one of the strongest. Even so, that did not mean things were always peaceful within its clan, and it wasn't even the least bit quiet. No one could really escape from their duties, unless you were Izuna.

The young man had decided it acceptable to skip out on a morning meeting, one that had to do with resources and allies. Had he not been so ruffled by his father and brother's constant inquiries about marriage, he would have attended. Instead, he found it necessary to have someone... fill in for him to say, so he could finally have the long sought after peace and quiet he deserved. No bickering, no inquires, no being told what to do – just peace and quiet on a spring sunrise.

There would be consequences upon his return, being the leader's son and all, but they would be worth the clear mind he had. He was in debt to his accomplice yet again. This was the... oh how many times had he asked for her assistance in achieving peace and quiet? He'd lost count. Of course, he always found some way to repair her, whether it be the same thing in return or merely letting her smack him for almost getting caught. He preferred another way over that woman's hand. She hit quite hard, though he knew she always held back.

A light wind rattled the new leaves on the trees, but Izuna caught a different sound in them. Footsteps. He recognized these ones though, and they were not an enemy, at least not yet. Light, steady, and precise, and almost undetectable had it not been for his keen hearing. Those footsteps meant the meeting was over and his peace would soon be extinguished. How Madara escaped such inquires and interrogations was easily seen with his temper, but Izuna, he was much more mellow, unless provoked.

Suddenly, he bumped into something, and that something fell to the ground with an 'umphf.' He looked down to see a young woman with long, pointed raven hair as wild as the wilderness around them. A light skinned hand rubbed her head, obviously annoyed, "You were really thinking, weren't you?"

With a chuckle, he pulled her up in one move, and kept his arm around her in a possessive show of affection, even though no one was around. "Within the clan walls, being able to comprehend and listen to one's own thoughts is feat only achievable by few," he pulled his hood up over his head, a light drizzle starting, while she pulled that wild mane of hers in a ponytail, bringing its ends to just above her butt. "How was the meeting?"

She sighed, making herself comfortable under his arm. He was warm and it was rather cold outside – cold enough to where they could see their own exhaling breaths. "Uneventful as usual. Nothing more than assigning patrols, going over Senju locations and their allies as well as ours, and assigning missions. Very, very boring. Although," Izuna raised an eyebrow. So something interesting had happened? "The Yoshida are now five days late on a shipment of resources in return for their continued protection. Madara-sama believes they may be leaning towards Senju protection, but they have been granted four more days."

Izuna eyes narrowed. Such a thing was very generous, and he had to wonder if maybe Madara had skipped out on the meeting as well, and a duplicate had taken his place. His influence over the clan was quite something, and his word was highly looked to by their father, but that? "Madara must be sick."

"No, just you," she chuckled at his expression, "you are the more generous one, Izuna."

"Ah, so I am the one granting such a thing. I can see why you chose to do so. They are a main source of supplies, but still – four days? We'll see how events turn." He pulled her hood up for her, not wanting her to be sick. A young kunoichi in her position could not afford to become ill and out of combat. Too much of her influence was at stake. "And your disguise? Does Madara or my father still not suspect anything?"