Chapter 22: Tajima Tells All

I know, I'm late. Someone might have to start reminding me a day in advance so I remember to post and make sure I did my chapter xD And yes, you can forget to post. I didn't think it was possible, but it is.

Currently Fanfiction is being a jerk and not saving the document, so if anyone follows or reads it there, it won't be up until I figure out what's going on. Just a little FYI.

But here's Chapter 22!

OoO

So many things ran through Anju's mind that all she could do was sit and stare at Tajima with wide eyes of shock. What he said couldn't possibly be true. "Th-there's no way... no that's not possible!"

Tajima closed his eyes and sighed. "You wanted the truth and that is the truth."

She couldn't believe... no, she didn't want to believe it. She refused to believe that she had once been close to Madara Uchiha, let alone have been close enough that their parents considered marriage. Something like that couldn't be true. "You're lying! Izuna's been my best friend my entire life! He taught me everything!" She stood up from the table and wrapped her arms around herself. "That's impossible! It's impossible!

"Nothing is impossible when hate and jealousy are involved."

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. When she came here, she had planned to ask Madara what he knew about her when she was younger and for him tell her nothing and that she was insane. What she hadn't expected was to run into Tajima and for him to tell her that everything she had been seeing was actually forgotten memories. It couldn't be possible. "I don't understand..."

Tajima calmly sipped his tea, the blue and purple bruises on his hands and wrists showing themselves as he sleeves slid down. "If you would sit down and listen, I can explain this to you. I have wanted to explain this for the past seventeen years."

Anju stared into the cup of tea from where she did, deciding whether or not she should stay and listen to Tajima. She could just say he was crazy, but deep, deep down in her gut she knew that she had known Madara. She just didn't want to believe.

After a few minutes of thinking, Anju stepped back towards the table and folded her legs underneath herself. "Okay. Explain Tajima."

With a small nod, he set down his tea and looked at her with a look of gloom. "It all started when you born. Madara took a liking to you from the moment he saw you, as hard as that is for you to believe. You were only a newborn and Madara only a young boy. From the moment Ayame brought you over, Madara was all over you. He wanted nothing more than to hold you and make you smile every single day. We could trust him to watch you and Izuna without fault because of his love."

"I don't believe you."

Holding her gaze, he gave her a stern look. "I have no reason to lie about this, Anju. That boy loved you. He trained you, helped raise you, and made you the strong woman you are today."

"Then why? Why do we hate each other so damn much!? Explain that! No one hates that much without reason!"

"There is always a reason behind Madara's actions, Anju. He doesn't do something just for kicks or because he's bored. There is a goal or reward in everything he does. What was the goal in his hate for you? Well let's see if you can figure it out after I tell you why you two grew apart, that is if you want me to continue."

Did she really want to know why? She came here for answers and she was getting them, even though they weren't at all what she expected. But did she want to know why? Did she want to know more about her and Madara?