Chapter 36: War Part I

After your long wait, here is Chapter 36! Sorry for such a long delay, but here it is!

OoO

Anju had made it back just in time for the birth of Eiko's second child – a son. She stood outside the room, listening to the strong cries of the newborn and smiled. She couldn't be happier for her sister. And better yet, Eiko got to pick the name.

"Would you like to hold him?"

Anju happily obliged and held out her arms for the newborn boy. Her happiness was a façade for the news she had just found out from Akumu, but she couldn't let her sister see it. This was supposed to be a happy moment for her, not one of confusion.

The baby opened his eyes and Anju smiled at him. "Well hello Hisao. Welcome to the world." The bay began to fuss so she handed him back to Eiko. "He must be hungry."

Eiko began to undo her robe, so Anju exited the room. "I'll leave you to feeding him then." Eiko didn't look up at her though as she left. She was too concentrated on her new baby boy and adoring him.

OoO

As the sun rose up in the sky, the Uchiha packed up their camp and prepared for the rest of their journey to the battlegrounds. By noon they should be there around the same time as the Senju and do their ambush as planned. But Madara had a feeling they would be expecting them, so he had to devise something else just in case. However, he needed Izuna to do that, and currently, Izuna was not speaking to him – he wouldn't even look at Madara.

And Madara knew it was his fault his brother felt so much pain and hate. He hated that a women was doing this to them, but he couldn't help that. He felt something for Anju he had never felt for anyone before. Not for a whore, not for any of the women his father tried to set him up with. And he would hold onto it for as long as he could. Izuna would eventually have to come to terms with it. He couldn't be a child forever, no matter how much he hurt. Madara still loved his brother, and he knew deep down under all the emotions Izuna was feeling at the moment, he still loved Madara.

So as they packed up, Madara went to Izuna. His brother didn't acknowledge his presence in the slightest. Madara just felt this coldness and hate radiating from him. "Izuna."

"Don't talk to me." Izuna walked away, his pack on his back. But Madara wouldn't let him get away that easy. He grabbed him, and as he did Izuna pushed him away. His eyes glowed red with the sharingan. "Don't you fucking touch me."

Madara wouldn't be made a fool in front of his own men. He activated his own mangekyou sharingan and placed a hand on the hilt of the sword that rested across his lower back. "Izuna, stop acting like a child that had his toy taken away. This is nonsense."

"Nonsense?" Izuna's stone cold gaze was unwavering. "You stole what was mine!"

Madara dodged his hook and kneed him in the stomach. Izuna grabbed his gut, bent over and in pain. "She was never yours." As he said this, Izuna lunged for him, but never landed a hand on him. A large, fluffy white tail was wrapped around him, keeping him at bay. Another one was behind Madara, but it didn't touch him.

Tajima looked on at them in disappointment. Madara then noticed all the warriors were staring at them. He stood down and tried to calm himself, but adrenaline was running through his veins. He had to take out his feelings on something, but he also couldn't let his men see him in such a way.

Now that Izuna was silent and still, he approached him. Kouzai was holding him in place with one of his tails. "We need to talk battle plans."

"We have one."