Chapter 7: Loss and Love

"We need to fall back, Tajima-sama!"

"They have us out numbered!"

In their report, they had expected the Senju to act with an ally, however, they had not been expecting two allied clans to be joining the battle. It was too much for them to take, and they knew it was obvious they were reaching their limits.

"Madara!" Tajima called out to his son, who was battling Hashirama with only his hands, his sword broken on the ground. He did not expect him to leave the battle, but he did and joined his side. "Hai, Otōsan. What is the order?"

"Spread the word for retreat! On your signal we leave!"

The Uchiha's greatest warrior nodded and attempted to find his brother as he fought against their foes to inform him of the plans. Along the way, he informed the men he encountered of the plan, and they wasted no time in deploying smoke bombs and collecting their dead and wounded. They should have asked for assistance, but their pride had been too great and it still was.

Seeing his brother fighting off a group of his own, but having everything under control, Madara looked around at the fight before him, angered that they were losing and there was no coming back from it. He found himself wishing Anju had been here with Hisen, but there was no chance of that happening. "FALL BACK!"

Smoke bombs were thrown, giving them a chance to retreat to a safe distance. Madara joined his brother in the smoke to finish off the group of bugs bothering him, which was rather easy. Their sharingan's gave them an advantage in the haze. "Come on Izuna! We need to leave!"

The younger brother covered his mouth and nodded. "Hai – Madara! Look out!"

Both brothers jumped out of the way as a large stone came crashing towards them, and upon its impact cleared the smoke, making all visible again. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" He had never seen him before, but Madara recognized his appearance immediately.

"Looking for someone?"

Anju looked up at Madara, who was covered in blood, though none of it his own. "He was a blonde with yellow eyes and pale skin. He's not amongst the others."

His blood began to boil and his eyes spun. "You!"

He knew they were to retreat, but the one who caused Anju so much pain – who caused his brother so much pain – stood before him on a silver platter. It seemed Izuna knew what he was thinking, because he took a fighting stance as well.

Backup for the blonde came, but he held his hand up and unsheathed his sword. "I'll take them alone." The men and women who came to aid the blonde looked at him as if he were insane and had a death wish, and the Uchiha brothers agreed. Who did he think he was taking on both of them? His chakra was dangerous and made Madara uneasy, but there was nothing all that special about this blonde idiot to him. Well, sometimes there is more than meets the eye he guessed.

"Izuna, stay." The younger brother shook with rage and could not contain it. "You will pay for what you've done!" He charged at the blonde male and met his sword with his own. "Aww, did you love her? That makes it all the better."

His words only angered Izuna further. They seemed to be evenly matched in their skill, but as Izuna found out, this man was proficient in both water and earth nature jutsu's. Then, he performed something Izuna had not seen.

"What is this!? Earth nature?"

From the ground, black forms resembling people sprouted and stretched their limbs. They looked as if they were made of glass, and for that reason Izuna believed they would be easy to take out. How wrong he was.