Chapter 4: In The Heat of War

The night was cool and wet, with a storm overhead. Lightning flashed and thunder boomed all around for everyone to see and hear. It was a great night for a fight, for Anju at least. With lightning already abundant, performing lightning based attacks would be a bonus in her department. She led the front with three on either side of her to form a 'V' shape. She wore no major armor today, only her dark blue high-collared shirt that split in the middle with the Uchiha Clan's symbol on the back and black ninja pants with matching ninja shoes. Some with her had a similar look while others wore armor. The only armor she had on was around her forearms, both above and underneath for full protection.

They stopped atop three branches, with Michi, Kazuo, and Kaito on one branch, then Suzu, Hisen, and Yuuta on the second, and Anju stood on the third with her two eagles perched above her. "Michi and Kaito – assist Kazuo in his explosives. Suzu, Hisen, and Yuuta – spread yourselves out and wait for my signal. Understood?"

Nods of approval came simultaneously, and then the six disappeared to get started on their work. Anju crouched down on her branch as her two golden eagles, Ken and Ren, landed next to her. "Well, let's work." She leapt to the ground and above her the eagles flew, and with a scree signaled that there were, in fact, Senju present. Hopefully Kazuo, Michi, and Kaito would still be able to set their explosives.

To buy them some time, Anju formulated a plan inside her head. With a sigh, she stepped out of the tree line and walked onto the bank where a group of Senju stood. They grabbed their weapons as she approached the water and turned to them. Her onyx eyes bore into each of them as they held the Senju flag, ready to claim the land. "Now, you didn't think you'd get this territory without a fight, did you?"

A blonde with golden eyes and pale skin stood at the head of the pack. She could feel his chakra. It was by far the most menacing she had ever encountered, equal to or greater than Madara's. She stood before him though, unfazed by the immense power this one boy held. Years of standing up to Madara let her remain calm and unfearful.

He stepped forward with no sword drawn and instead held his hands out as he spoke, unlike the others she had their swords drawn. "Is this what the Uchiha send? A female for tribute? How thoughtful."

She smirked, her eyes turning red as she approached the blonde man. "The Uchiha do not disrespect their women, let alone give them as compensation. Even if you were worthy and not a repulsive little shit, you would not be worthy of an Uchiha woman."

The blonde male drew his sword, twirling it in his hand. "A self-respecting and dignified bitch, aren't you? Well, we'll see if you hold such views when we're finished here."

His arrogance flowed off him like blood. It made her angry and sick at the same time. She'd knock the overconfident smirk right off his face. He made the first move. Metal clashed with metal as kunai collided with shuriken. The orange sparks lit up in the darkness around them, providing another source of light besides the stars. She found herself surrounded by nine Senju, minus the blonde, who stood a ways away like a coward.

With the help of the sharingan, she kept up with the nine youngsters, with the youngest looking to be around eight and the oldest seventeen. They were inexperienced, making it much less fun. She played with them until a kunai pierced the back of the youngest, sending him to the ground. Behind another, a boy with silver hair, Michi appeared and snapped his neck. "Anju-san." She nodded in recognition, "Ill leave these to you."

She looked towards the blonde as he stood in front of the forest. "Well, blondie? Are you going to stand there like a peppy little princess who lives with the feudal lord, or are you going to stand like a man and pull that goldy-locks hair of yours into a ponytail and fight?"