Chapter 31

Thank you for all the support! I'm going to try and respond more to your guys' comments. Thank you for the feedback!

OoO

Wedding day was upon the clan. Banners and streamers of white and red lined the streets and homes of the clan. Everyone was bustling around, trying to find gifts and something to wear, or putting the finishing touched on the ceremony and reception places. No matter what it was though, everyone was doing something.

Except for Anju.

Hours ago someone had come by to do her makeup and hair, and she had let them. But she didn't have the heart to tell them through their excitement that she had in fact called the wedding off. In fact, she hadn't told anyone. The only people who knew were herself and Izuna, and it seemed he wasn't calling it off either, though she presumed it was because he planned to win her back before the ceremony – that wasn't going to happen, no matter what he did or said. Anju had made up her mind. There would be no wedding, and she sure as hell would not get back with Izuna, not after all of this.

She still had one decision to make though. She knew she didn't have to make it now, but as Eiko said, she only had two days – now one – to decide. She had to decide on these feelings for Madara. Of course, she knew that she didn't have to jump from Izuna to Madara. Being free for a while sounded nice. But her reaction to Madara's advances the other night needed something extreme to fix what she had done. And it wasn't like she didn't have feelings for Madara. She did. She felt something very strong for him, and it wasn't because of Izuna or their childhood. She truly felt something for Madara, but what she didn't know.

Was it a friendship? Best friend? No, it didn't feel like that. She hadn't even felt something like this for Izuna, not even when they were friends, and she hadn't felt it with her other friends either, so it couldn't be that. Maybe it was an infatuation or she just had these feelings because she couldn't be with him. But she could be with him.

The thought of such a thing made her cheeks flush. She covered them with her hands and put her head in her lap. She let out an aggravated groan and fell back onto her bed. Why were things always so difficult? Actually, why did she have to make such decisions today? She didn't have to be with Madara today, but maybe she wanted to?

She just didn't know what to do about him. The only thing she did know was she didn't want Izuna, not with the way he had treated her. If she did decide to court Madara, how would they break that to Izuna? They couldn't live in a secret relationship forever... could they?

Anju threw a pillow against the wall. "I hate my life!"

OoO

All he could think of was that night, and of her. That thick, long hair in messy bun. Fair skin with small scars decorating it. Beautiful, dark almond shaped eyes that had, for a split second, shared the same feelings as him. Curves that would have sent him into a frenzy.

Anju was not like the other women in the clan, not to Madara. Something about her always held his attention, though not always in the best way, as shown in his violent acts towards her. He knew he could never excuse that behavior and didn't know where to begin apologizing for it. As if it even mattered now. She had made it clear that she wasn't interested in him, not the slightest. Maybe for a second in seemed as if he stood a chance, but he had blown everything in a moment of weakness.

How could he have been so stupid, so weak!? He was the great Madara Uchiha! Yet, he had given into his desires by kissing her. And now, he couldn't get the taste, nor the feel, of her lips off of his lips or his tongue. He placed two gloved fingers against his lips. He felt that all familiar pain and longing in his chest for something he would never have. He was a fool to have thought it was possible. He had made a clown of himself. He was better than that, he knew he was. But all he could think about was that night. It wouldn't leave him alone. It wouldn't let him sleep. He had fucked up big time.