Chapter 32

Things are going to move faster, like I said. Here's Chapter 33 and thank you for all your comments! I hope ya'll enjoy this chapter too. There's a short question at the end of this.

OoO

The weather had begun to turn cold as mid fall came upon them. Many Uchiha were out protecting shipments of food from supporting parties, as the Uchiha did not cultivate their own food. This food would get them through winter, and they needed as much as possible.

As it cooled, Anju was doing what anyone in her position would do and was throwing out any clothes Izuna had given her. She did not want the tight, colorful articles of clothing. So, she gave them to her sister, Hakuoh, who was delighted by the new clothes. She tried to ignore her comments though, such as how she needed to get them taken in a little. Anju knew she wasn't large, but Hakuoh began to make her self-conscious.

She felt a strong chakra approaching her home and suddenly pushed Hakuoh out of her room. "What the hell Anju? I'm still looking!"

She made up an excuse, "I'm done listening to you complain about my size. We'll continue this tomorrow."

There was a huff from Hakuoh and she was out the door. Anju waited until she was out of sight to begin walking back to her room to clean up the leftover clothes. Before she walked in, she felt an arm around her waist and lips on hers. They parted and Madara was before her. "Afternoon, Anju."

Before she could speak, Madara gave her a white box wrapped with a black bow. She smiled as she sat on the bed and Madara next to her. "A present? What's the occasion?"

Madara tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "A courtship gift."

She was apprehensive, as the gifts Izuna had gotten for her had been, well... not for her. But as she opened the box she glowed with excitement. She held up a black, ankle length jacket with short sleeves and with it a darker shirt with a high collar that was split from her belly down. On the back of both were the Uchiha clan symbol.

"Madara, it's amazing! Thank you." She lay the two articles of clothing down and gently kissed his lips.

It had been near a month since she had left Izuna and joined a courtship with Madara. After a couple weeks of awkwardness and nerves, they had settled in to this relationship nicely, with a hitch or two there. Their biggest being breaking the news to Izuna, who was still trying to win her back, despite both her and Madara's discouragement. The guilt had been eating away at her to keep this from him, but they had to wait for the right time. Would there ever be a right time though?

She knew Madara shared her guilt and her thoughts, for they talked about it often. Still, they couldn't find a way to break this to Izuna without breaking his heart and ruining relations with him. He would hate her, but he would hate Madara more.

But Anju put it aside and was eager to put on the outfit Madara had bought for her. It fir her great and she was happy to bow before him once she had it on. He was smiling – with teeth! The smile of an angel she called it. His eyes glowed with happiness and adoration as he stared at her. "It suits you, Lady Anju."

"Lady Anju?" She was confused. Why would he call her Lady?

Madara saw her confusion and chuckled. "You are my partner and I am the main leader of this clan. That makes you my lady."

The new clothes, the name – it all made her smile. It all made her feel like a shinobi again. Seeing her smile, Madara came over, placed his hands on her cheeks, and put his lips against hers. She wrapped hers around him the best she could and leaned against him.

He parted, a different look in his eyes, but he shook his head. He kissed her cheek and down her neck, making her giggle. He lifted his head and glared at her. "It's not supposed to tickle." Madara pinned her down to the bed and she instantly stopped giggling. "Madara- Madara! No, bad! St-st-stop it!" She laughed uncontrollably as he licked and kissed her neck and thrashed as he held her down, tickling her mercilessly.