Chapter 15: Understanding Part I

So, this chapter didn't really go as planned - I had totally different plans for it, until I realized there were some 'loose ends' I needed to take care of. Instead of m original plan, I am splitting this chapter into anywhere from 3-4 parts. I do hope you enjoy them!

OoO

A loud scree pierced through the air, causing the men below to look up as they were circled by a large bird. Izuna recognized the bird as one of Anju's, though he was unsure of which. He held his arm out, hoping the large bird of prey would take his perch on his arm for once, but it instead went and landed into a nearby tree. He sighed. The day those birds came to him would be a wonderful day indeed.

"Don't know how to handle a bird of prey, little brother?"

Izuna looked at Madara, who like Izuna, was covered in blood from a successful win. He rolled his eyes and pointed towards the large bird. "They come to no one but Anju, and Ken only goes to Hisen on occasion. You think you can get this one to come to you, a person Anju hates?"

With a shrug of his shoulders, Madara held his gloved hand up in the air and whistled. The large bird looked down at him and then went back to cleaning its feathers. Izuna chuckled and patted him on the back. "Just because you use to have a falcon doesn't mean he'll come to you, but nice try nii-san."

In another attempt, Madara shook his hand and whistled in a different tone. This time, the eagle flapped its wings, flew down from its perch, and Madara had to duck down to avoid the birds sharp talons. "The fuck?"

Izuna laughed. "I told you nii-san, they don't like anyone but Anju." A 'hmph' came from Madara, and they continued on their way.

Other warriors of the Uchiha Clan greeted those returning from battle, along with the wives and families of those who had left for battle. This battle had been more than just a success – it was a victory for the ages. Barely any of the warriors were seriously injured or injured at all, and they had made the Senju they had not killed run for the hills. However, they were not out of the woods yet.

Madara grabbed Izuna as he left to go find Anju. "We still have an important matter to attend to. Anju will have to wait."

Reluctantly, Izuna nodded his head and followed Madara, along with Kizuna and his father, to the council hall. They were the only people in the large room, and they all took their seats around the council table.

"I will get straight to the point," Madara did not sit with his brother and other members of the council, and instead stood by a candle with a flickering flame, "the Hagoromo Clan has gone too long without being dealt with. They knew Aito held the beast, and they have to know now that a member of our clan is now its jinchūriki."

"But are we certain of this? They may think it died with Aito, or that he did not make it here at all, given his injuries."

Madara looked to Kizuna as he spoke. "I am not going to take any chances. We are much stronger than those of the Hagoromo, but there is no telling what measures they are willing to take now that we are in possession of what use to belong to them."

Kizuna nodded. "What is your plan of action, Madara-sama?"

Madara passed his hand through the candle flame, playing a game of cat and mouse with the skin of his hand. "While we were away, the Hagoromo sent us a letter asking for a meeting between our clan leaders. I have already confirmed this meeting. It is there it will be decided whether the Hagoromo are still allies, or," Madara pinched the flame out, burning the tips of his fingers, "if they too must be exterminated."