Chapter 37: War Part II

Here is a special treat since I took so long to post the last chapter - a brand new chapter! Expect another one to come out next Monday guys!

The theme song for this chapter and the next chapter is State of My Head by Shinedown guys. It'll make more sense as it goes on.

It's been a long bumpy ride sittin' back in the saddle
It's time to get down, dirty up our knees in the battle
Come on, round up the boys, gonna make the walls rattle

Oh, our flag is tattered
And our bones are shattered
But it doesn't matter
'Cause we're movin' forward

Round 'em up, round 'em up, let's go
Round 'em up, let's go

Oh, my eyes are seein' red
Double vision from the blood we've shed
The only way I'm leavin' is dead
That's the state of my, state of my, state of my head

They don't know, where we've been
We got that concrete street skin
The only way I'm leavin' is dead
That's the state of my, state of my, state of my head

OoO

They were fighting blind. Madara activated his sharingan, barely managing to dodge a stray kunai. He hopped out of the smoke and to the top of the trees, waiting for it to recede. He had so many questions and no answers. The only for sure answer he had was this had to be an ambush. They had been tricked. His next question was where Hashirama and Neikan were, for they were nowhere to be found on this battle field. He knew there was a second front to fight, and he had sent a small number of warriors to scope it out, but would Hashirama really take more than half of his shinobi and Neikan to go fight there? The fight was here!

As Madara looked around the battlegrounds, the smoke cleared and he watched as Izuna turned his back to Tobirama. He jumped down, trying to make it in time in that split second, but he couldn't. His little brother was doomed and all he could do was watch. Or so he thought.

Madara screamed as Tobirama came down above Izuna. He ran for him, ignoring everything else around him. But he didn't make it in time. "IZUNA!"

His little brother fell to the ground, but before Madara could do anything, Izuna disappeared. Madara looked around and watch as Izuna appeared behind Tobirama holding his own throat in horror. "What the hell?" Madara went over to his little brother and dragged him away into the trees. He patted him down and then punched him. "You fucking scared me! I thought you died!"

Izuna looked up at him, just as confused. "So did I."

Madara put aside the events they had bene dealing with and hugged is brother tightly. He thought he lost Izuna. If he had lost Izuna, he wouldn't have known what to do. Despite how Izuna felt towards him right now, Madara adored his little brother greatly. And to his surprise, Izuna hugged him back.

"I still hate you."

Madara chuckled and held his brother's head close. "I know." He let him go and they went into battle. But this time they went together, despite their differences.

But why had Izuna seemingly come back to life? Madara thought of an answer while he fought, but he couldn't come to one until he saw Hisen. The boy was holding the left side of his face, which was covered in blood, and his left eye was squeezed shut. What had happened to Hisen's eye? Then, thinks started to make sense. Hidden missing an eye, his brother coming back to life.

Has Hisen used Izanagi to save Izuna's life?

OoO

'I won't tell you anything, girl.'