Chapter 13: Distrust

This is more of a filler chapter, so you have been warned. I got stuck on this chapter, but I promise the next to be more interesting.

Also, a thanks to those who have given this a star and left comments. Thank you!

OoO

"Is this all that came with the messenger?"

A man nodded to Madara, who held a messenger pigeon in his hands as well as a note. "Wake those on the council. I'll go wake Izuna. We meet in five." The man gave another nod and was gone in a flash. Left to himself, Madara sighed as he reread the note. It was about time.

He jumped down from the tower, skillfully landing on his feet and ran to Izuna's location. Now that Anju had confirmed the courtship, Izuna was practically living with her. Of course he had been living with her before, but now he at least left the premise to come see Madara, or Madara went to see his little brother.

Now that he had pushed Anju towards Izuna and confirmed this courtship, he would have to live with the fact that Anju was going to be around him more and more. Going to her home was a way of accustoming himself to her presence. Just sitting around her pissed him off. But, he did get some sort of satisfaction when he saw Izuna smiling. Izuna was happy and that's what mattered, and that's what got him through his anger.

He arrived at her home, where he thought all would be asleep. From the shadows, he watched as Anju stood a few feet away from some targets, a kunai and shuriken pouch on each of her thighs. What was that woman thinking?

Although he knew she wasn't supposed to be doing something like this, he watched her instead of stopping her. His eyes narrowed as she reached into her pouch and pulled out a set of shuriken. Her arm went back and she threw the pieces of metal at the target, though she missed the vital spots. A deep sigh escaped her lips and she fell to the ground on her backside. "It's no use."

He tilted his head, watching her with a furrowed brow. He could feel her sadness from where he stood it was that bad. Here he had thought she had gotten over it, but it was all a front. She was still that lost and pained woman whom he had dragged out of the rain.

Not really trying, he quietly made his way over to her and stood about two feet behind her. He drew two shuriken from a pouch on his side and tossed them effortlessly towards the target, hitting the bullseye. "It's all about your wrist."

She jumped at the sound of his voice and turned to look at him with narrowed eyes. "What are you doing here?"

He folded his arms over his chest. "Showing you how to throw a shuriken before you hurt yourself."

A vein popped in her forehead. "I know how to throw shuriken!"

His eyes moved to her right shoulder. He wouldn't be surprised if that still hurt. He also wouldn't be surprised if that wound to her shoulder was causing her some trouble. If she didn't have full rotation in that shoulder, it was going to affect her throw. He placed a hand on her shoulder, moving away the fabric surrounding it to look at the pink flesh.

"Get off me! What the hell do you think you're doing!?"

He shook his head and began to walk away. "I suggest doing some exercises to work that shoulder of yours before you try that again. I also suggest doing some exercise to build your body back up."

"Wait, what?" He stopped and turned his head towards her to look at that puzzled expression on her face. "You have to walk before you can run, Anju."

OoO

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Hai, I got everything. Wait!"

With a sigh, Anju watched as Izuna looked around for his kunai pouch, which she held in her hands. "Over here, Izuna."