Chapter 18: Unexpected Proposal

This is the last long chapter for awhile, I promise!

Also, I may or may not change the rating on this. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether it stays the same or it needs to get moved. Just don't want to get in trouble for it.

But, here's Chapter 18!

OoO

They had finally finished, not that their objective had been difficult in the slightest. Once the Hyuga realized the Hagoromo had failed, they abandoned their new ally and the Hagoromo were all too easy to take out. With Kouu dead and no one else to lead them, they made it all too easy.

A single kunai flew from Izuna's hand, hitting a lone Hagoromo in the center of his neck. He fell to the ground and another Uchiha grabbed the body by the collar of its shirt and drug it off towards a pile of other bodies. It was gruesome work to all but the Uchiha. To them, it was just another day at war.

"That's the last of them." Izuna jumped onto a rooftop next to his brother, watching as the men set fire to the structures of what was the Hagoromo Clans home – up until a few hours ago – and burnt them to the ground. It was then Izuna sat down as his brother stood, reached into his shirt, and pulled a black mask over his nose in attempt to mask the horrid smell of burning the dead. The smell didn't bother him as much as it once did, but it still had the ability to make his eyes water and the stench stuck in his nose for days.

His elder brother crouched next to him, surveying the area with his sharingan. "We should have brought Hisen and the beast. The bakyugan would be able to see for miles and make the search must easier." Madara referred to Kouzai, and his apparent ability to absorb dōjutsu. Izuna remembered those featureless eyes, and how tired Hisen had looked. The Hyuga Hisen had stolen the bakyugan from had been in terrible condition. The man had looked emaciated, and his eyes were gone. He hadn't stayed any longer to see if there had been any other affects.

The memory of what had taken place two nights ago made him feel hot all over. His hands clenched into fists as he glared at the pile of burning bodies. He didn't know who he was more pissed at – the Hagoromo or Anju. Maybe it was both.

"Still angry, little brother?"

His eyes shifted to Madara, who held the same anger as he in his eyes. "I'm going to kill her when we get back. It seems that ever since she woke up, she's been stupid. Part of her brain must have died when she woke up."

"I can't agree more, little brother. I'd like to join you in her murder, but first," Madara covered his face, trying to block out the smell, "we need to do a perimeter check, five miles in each direction. Then, we can go home."

Izuna stood with a smirk. "I've always had a thing for delayed gratification."

His brother smirked a knowing smirk, his eyes blazing red. "So do I, little brother."

However, Madara had other things to say but chose to keep his mouth shut, as he didn't want to upset his little brother anymore. He and he alone possessed the ability to read thoughts with his mangekyou sharingan, and he had read Anju's thoughts that night. How was he supposed to tell his little brother – without upsetting him – that the one he loved desperately wanted to die?

OoO

He never understood his sister sometimes. This was one of those times.

She lay unconscious in her bed, a cold, wet towel on her forehead to help keep her fever down. At least this time with the fever, it wasn't killing her. She had woken up a few times and he had given her water and a little food. Then, she'd go back to sleep, though not before asking for Izuna. She never stayed awake long enough for him to answer that question.