Chapter 19: Thank You

A loud, content sigh left Anju's parched lips as she slid into the scorching water of one of two hot springs in the home of Madara, Tajima, and Izuna. Leaning her head back against the wall, she reached out from her side and poured herself a glass of water. As she did so, she cringed from the pain in her arm that radiated through the rest of her body. She was just thankful Izuna couldn't see the bruises over her body, especially on her arms.

These minor injuries she had sustained were the result of the newly founded agreement she had made with Madara a week and a half ago – an agreement she surprisingly didn't regret. And how could she regret such an agreement when she felt so happy? Madara had been right – now that she was happy, or happier, her relationship with Izuna was flourishing. He even left her alone for long periods of time, like now. It was like nothing had ever happened, and she had Madara to thank for that. In fact, she had Madara to thank for a lot of things.

She looked quizzically down at her cup, moving it back and forth slowly as she thought of a way to repay him. Even though she held a great dislike for the older shinobi and clan head, she knew it to be disrespectful and offensive to not give her thanks to Uchiha Madara. But, it's not like he was expecting it of her, and she knew that. All he wanted in return for training her was for her to make Izuna happy.

The love Madara had for his brother made her think of her own brother and a smile came to her face. She felt the same way towards her little brother. She only ever wanted to see him happy.

These thoughts of hers were interrupted as she heard footsteps approaching the springs, and then the gentle sliding of the shogi door. She instinctively wrapped her an arm around her breasts and sunk lower into the spring, even though her intruder would have a hard time seeing through this fog.

"Boo."

She dropped her cup into the boiling water of the spring and let out a loud yelp of surprise at the low, sultry voice that spoke into her ear. A sweet, innocent laughter rang through the room as she glared at the man sitting on the ledge with his feet in the spring with a self-satisfied grin on his face. "Oh, you think you're funny Izuna?"

He chuckled and placed a hand on her head. "I think I'm very funny, Anju. Now come here."

Her face heated up as he pulled her over to him. "Izuna, don't you dare!" She found herself back on the ledge in the spring, with Izuna on the floor next to her head. She glared at him as she tried to keep herself covered. "Pervert."

"Says the woman who walked in on me changing this morning." She turned away from him, a small glare on her face. "Oh come on Anju. It's not like I haven't seen you without clothes before."

She glanced over at him and relaxed back into the spring. "Well, when you say it like that you make it sound like we've already slept together."

Another chuckle came from her partner, who looked down at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "All in due time, little Anju."

"Izuna!" She balled up her hand and punched his thigh with two knuckles, and the grin faded from his face as he rolled over onto his side holding his leg. "Ow! That hurt Annie!"

She found her cup on the bottom of spring with her feet, and chuckled as she picked it up and poured herself a new glass of water. "Well, that was the point, Izzy. I thought you shinobi were meant to take pain well?"

He groaned and rolled over onto his stomach so his face was inches from hers. "You know, I kind of liked it when you were quiet and not violent." She heard the tease in his words, but chose to fake a frown and be offended. The looked on his face quite funny as he struggled to sit up and started apologizing. "Anju, that's not what I meant! I'm happy you're back to yourself! Don't be mad!"