Chapter 1.

I feel around in my covers for my phone, grabbing it and turning off my alarm. I rub my tired eyes and push back the covers, getting out of bed. I push my feet into my slippers and shuffle into the bathroom. I wash my face and brush my teeth before trudging back into my room. I shiver from the cold and pull open my wardrobe doors.

"What to wear?" I mutter to myself as I tap my nails on the door.

I pull out my high-waisted black jeans and white ribbed jumper. I change into it and push my feet into my Timberlands. I slump in front of my mirror and apply my normal makeup- natural but full coverage. I tie my hair up in a high ponytail before clicking on my watch and bracelets. I stand up and adjust my jeans; I grab my phone and fling my bag over my shoulder. I push open my curtains before jogging downstairs.

"Morning Jason!" I smile.

Jason is my mums boyfriend. They've been together 3 years and have a daughter together; my one year old sister Leela. I also have a younger brother called Archie, he's 9. My dad left my mum on her own with me and Archie when I was 10 and he was 2. I will never be able to forgive my dad for what he did.

"Morning Soph! You okay?" Jason says cheerily.

"Yeah, I'm good."

I dump my bag on the kitchen counter and head over to the fridge. I pull open the door and scan over the continence inside.

"How many times do I have to tell you!" My mum says dropping my bag onto the floor. "Not on the counters."

I roll my eyes and grab a bottle of water and a yogurt. I head into the living room and slump onto the sofa. I tuck into my yogurt and watch the news with Jason. Archie comes bounding in and jumps onto the sofa, nearing knocking my food out of my hands.

"Careful Arch!" I chuckle.

I finish my yogurt and put the pot into the bin. I fill my bag up with food and push it onto my shoulder. I grab my Burberry scarf and wrap it around my neck. There's a knock at door- that will be Clara.

"Heyy!" She beams from the doorway.

"Hey!" I say mimicking her. "I'm off, see you later!" I call behind.

I step outside and close the door behind me. Me and Clara walk down the drive and along the path towards school. She turns on her music, Beautiful Me by Dappy playing. I start to sing along (I love this song)

So don't be waiting on a different me,

You say it will get better but you never see,

Cause I see, the beautiful me!

"Go on Soph!" Clara chuckles.

I love to sing... all I do is sing. Everyone knows that.

We carry on walking until Clara stops and grabs my arm, staring down at her phone. Her mouth drops open.

"What?!" I say confused.

"No way!?" She half shouts.

"Clara, what is it?" I chuckle.

"Diversity are apparently coming to school today!!" She beams.

"No they aren't!" I say shaking my head. "Why would they come to our school?"

"That's true..." Clara says, dejected.

We reach school and make our way to the sixth form block. I slump down on the sofa and pull out my timetable. I sigh and see that I've got english.

"Sophia, Clara?" Miss Harvey calls from the doorway.

"Yeah?" Me and Clara say at the same time.