Chapter 37.

I sit down on the mats and watch Jordan talking to Pel out of the corner of my eye.

I just hope he can get the message through to Pel that nothing happened between me and Mitch.

"Soph!" Ashley calls from near the doorway.

"Yeah?" I call back, locking my phone.

"I would like you to meet Jack, he's going to be singing your duet with you." Ashley smiles, ushering in a talk lad, similar age to me.

" Ashley smiles, ushering in a talk lad, similar age to me

"Jack meet Sophia, your duet partner." He adds, patting him on the back.

"Ash? What duet are you talking about?" I ask, looking confused.

"Oh, we would be delighted if you would like to sing live for one of our dances on our one off performance?!" Ash beams.

"Are you being serious?!" I exclaim, completely shocked. "Of course I would! Thank you so much!" I say, running over, hugging him.

"The song we have all chosen for you both is 'body on me' by Rita Ora and Chris Brown." Ashley explains.

"I love that song." Me and Jack say at the same time, making all three of us chuckle.

"Well why don't you two go up to the chill out area and start doing all that harmonising and singy stuff you do, and we will call you down later." He chuckles.

"Thank you Ash." I say gratefully before  taking Jack up the spiral staircase.

********

"So, how did you get into singing?" Jack asks whilst I set up the music.

"I've been singing since I can remember." I explain. "My mum got me into choirs and now I have a personal vocal coach." I smile. "You?"

"I didn't really start singing until I was 13, and since then like you I've had a vocal coach." He smiles.

"Right, let's get this song perfected." I say, pressing play on the track.

****

After about an hour of singing Jordan jogs up the stairs and calls us down, saying that Ash wanted to hear what we've got so far.

"I'm actually quite nervous." I whisper to Jack. "I don't think I've ever really sang in front of them."

"Don't worry, everything will go fine and dandy." He says flashing a cheeky smile.

Ashley gets us standing in the middle of the studio, whilst they sit in front of them mirrors.

"Right, you ready?" He smiles.

Me and Jack both nod our heads and get ready to sing.

"You guys smashed it!" Ashley claps. "I knew you two would sound great together."

He pulls us both into a hug before fist pumping the air in happiness. I look over at Perri who just gives a small smile.

"Don't worry." Jordan says quietly. "I'm going to speak to him now."

"Thank you." I say gratefully.

I grab my phone and text Clara telling her the news. I slide down the mirrors and take a seat on the floor, Jack sitting down next to me.

Perri's POV:

"Pel, can you help me get something from my car please?" I ask, heading over to him.

"Yeah sure." I reply, pushing my phone into my pocket.

I follow Jord outside and over to his car. We stand there for a few seconds in silence.

"Are you going to open your car bruv?" I say, a little confused.

"I don't need anything from my car, I just needed to speak to you away from the studio." He says, raising his eyebrows.

"Seriously Jord?!" I say shaking my head. "What is it then?"

"Sophia." Jord begins.

I sigh and look at the floor, I don't need this.

"Look, you explain to me why she would go behind your back and kiss Mitch. Honestly, tell me why." He says, folding his arms.

"Look, I saw what I saw-"

"No because you didn't actually see anything. Did you see their lips together? Did you see them kissing? Did you?"

"Well no but-"

"No Pel! You're telling me you honestly believe that Sophia would do that, after everything that's happened, c'mon Pel." He says making a good point.

"I know, but it seemed too dodgy." I sigh.

"Have you even let her explain?" He asks, resting on his car.

"She tried to talk to me last night and this morning, but I wasn't really listening." I say shaking my head.

"Go and let her explain, she's telling the truth Pel, she was close to crying when she told me."

What have I done...

I head across the car park and into studio 1. I see Soph sat on the floor, looking at her hands. I quickly walk over to her and slide down the mirror next to her.

Sophia's POV:

"Can we talk?" Perri asks, looking at me.

"I don't know- are you going to actually listen to me?" I reply, turning to look at him.

"Look, I'm so sorry for not listening to you- I'm such a d*ck- I just assumed what had happened and didn't give you the time to explain, so you can explain now, and I will listen." He explains without taking a breath.

I look into his big brown eyes and a small smile forms. I look around the studio to make sure Mitch wasn't near and explain everything.

"I'm such an idiot!" Perri sighs shaking his head.

"But then that means you're my idiot." I chuckle, pushing him playfully.

"I'm sorry, I love you." He says sincerely.

"It's okay, I love you too." I smile.

He plants a soft kiss on my lips before heading over to Ashley. I lock eyes with Jordan across the studio and mime 'thank you' to him.

If it wasn't for him, u don't know if me and Pel would've even spoken today.

***********************

I just want to say sorry for not updating in FOREVERRRRRR🙈😩

Well it seems like forever to me.👀

I've just been so busy with school and a trip to the hospital that left me feeling horrible that I didn't feel like updating.😭

But I'm back with this part, it's probs not that good and had mistakes as unedited 😁 but I hope you enjoy it.🙌

Please vote and comment, it's means so so so much 💙