Chapter 34.

I push back the covers and swipe the hair out of my face. I'm so glad my headache has lessened, but it's still there... You get what I mean?

"Morning." I say resting my chin on Pel's chest.

"Morning gorgeous." He smiles, kissing the end of my nose.

I smile and roll off the bed grabbing my adidas joggers and a sweatshirt, pulling it over my head.

I drag a brush through my tangled hair and add minimal makeup as we aren't really doing anything that I need to look 'nice' for

I quickly rush into the bathroom and brush my teeth, checking myself in the mirror before jogging downstairs.

I lean over the back of the sofa and kiss Perri on the cheek before heading into the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water.

"Hey Mitch." I smile.

"Hi." He says bluntly.

"Um, where do you keep the paracetamol?" I ask, taking a sip of my water.

"Oh, they're in that draw over there." He replies, nodding to one of the draws.

"Thanks."

I pop some tablets into my mouth, take a mouthful of water and swallow them. I've never been good with taking tablets, but I'm getting better thank god.

"Right, you ready to go?" Perri asks passing me my phone.

"Yeah, let's go." I say heading towards the door and pushing my feet into my superstars and opening the door.

We slide into Pel's car and buckle up our seatbelts, pulling away from the house. We head off down the road and stop off at Starbucks to get ourselves some drinks.

"So, are you nervous?" Perri asks as we approach the motorway.

"Um, yeah I guess so. I mean I haven't spoken to them since the incident." I begin. "I just hope they leave me to get my things and don't cause any arguments."

"Yeah, well we will just be as quick as we can and then have some time to ourselves." He says focusing on the road.

"Yeah, and tomorrow I will go around town and get some job applications so I can start paying something towards the house because-"

"Soph!" He chuckles. "Honestly, you worry too much about staying with us, it's fine, promise me."

"No, no. I need to get a job anyways, then I can just slip you some money, in the process." I chuckle.

"Whatever you say." He smiles, shaking his head.

************

After a few hours more driving, we finally pull up on the familiar drive that I've always known.