Chapter 13.

I stretch out under the covers and rub my matted eyes. I feel around for my phone in the covers and pick it up- once I've finally found it.

I check the time and become surprised at how early it is. I never wake up early. Must be excitement for tonight, or is it nerves?

I stay in bed on my phone for another hour before finally deciding to get up. I stand up, pushing my feet into my slippers as I'm slightly cold and head downstairs.

"Morning Soph." Jason smiles, looking up from the paper. "Looking forward to later?"

"Yeah I am, bit nervous though." I chuckle.

"I bet you are, I've heard that this horror farm is the top 10 of scariest places."

"Are you actually joking me?!" I exclaim, my eyes widening.

"Nope, look it's here on this Halloween page." He chuckles, pointing at the page.

"Great! Nightmares for me then." I say bluntly.

I head into the kitchen and make myself some toast and a mug of hot chocolate, before heading back upstairs into my bedroom.

I put my mug and toast down on my bedside table and grab my phone, sitting back down on my bed.

To group chat👀: did you guys know that the place we are going is in the top 10 scariest places!?!😭x

I lock my phone and tuck into my toast, watching Jeremy Kyle on my TV. My phone vibrates, so I wipe my hands on my pyjamas and pick it up.

Sam: haha no way! Awesome 😎

To group chat👀: it's not a good thing Sam!😩😅

Perri: yes! 😏 and don't worry curly- I bet it's not going to be too bad...😁

Clara: oh god, I didn't know that?!😳

To group chat👀: yeah let's hope it's not too bad 🙏

I lock my phone and finish my breakfast along with my hot chocolate. I place everything back onto my bedside table and stand up, neatening the covers and pulling open my wardrobe doors.

Sam: I'm hard mate me 💪 nothing scares me!😎

I chuckle to myself and shake my head. Sams always texting like this.

To group chat👀: we will see about that Sam 😂

Perri: bruv really?😐 you got scared at the spider in reception yesterday!😂

Clara: really Sam!? 😩 a spider.😁

Sam: alright guys 😳 no need to gang up 😂

I pull on my skinny blue jeans and a oversized loose jumper. I push my feet into some ankle socks and my white converse before adding a necklace and sitting in front of my mirror.

After apply my makeup and sorting out my messy hair, I head into the bathroom and brush my teeth.

"Sophy?" Archie says as I open the bathroom door.

"Yeah arch?" I reply smiling down at him.

"Are you going to see ghosts later on? Or the woman in black? Or witches? Or zombies from the walking dead?"

"I hope not!" I say ruffling his hair and shuffling around him. "Hang on." I say stopping. "How do you know about the woman in black and the walking dead?"

"Don't know." He says running off quickly.

I shake my head and grab my phone and bag, before jogging downstairs. I give Leela a kiss on the forehead and sit on the sofa next to my mum.