Chapter 35.

I rub my eyes as I slowly make my way downstairs. We didn't get back until pretty late last night as we decided to drive around, clear our heads and have fun.

I slump down in front of TV that Mitch must of left on, and unlock my phone clicking on 'safari'. I search up jobs for town and one for JD sports and another for Primark.

I email them both asking about the basic details and JD sports gets back to me within a few minutes.

Hi Sophia,

We are glad that you've chosen to look at our advert for a shop assistant. If you are free, drop by the local store and have a tester. We will assess you on your abilities and offer you the job after the shift finishes if you seem capable of completing tasks required.

Thanks,

Jonathan- JD store manager.

I lock my phone and push myself off the sofa jogging back upstairs and into Pel's room.

"What's got you so happy." He says looking up from his phone.

"I'm going for a tester job thing at JD sports in about 2 hours." I smile excitedly. "It should be fun."

"Sounds good beautiful, are you coming down the studio today?" He asks, climbing out of bed.

"Yeah, I will do after the shift finishes." I smile, pulling out a pair of jeans from one of the bags.

"Okay, cool." He replies, pulling on a clean shirt.

I pull on my jeans and tuck a plain black tee into them. I don't really know what to wear to a 'tester'. I sit down in front of the mirror and backcomb the front part, tying half of it up.

I complete my normal makeup routine and make sure I look okay. I take a quick selfie and upload it to Instagram

before heading into the bathroom and completing my business in there

I push my phone into my back pocket and grab my bag off the landing before heading downstairs for the second time this morning.

"You look amazing." Perri announces from the kitchen as I push my feet into my Nike Huaraches.

"Shush you." I say, a slight blush covering my face.

"Right I'll drop you off on the way to the studio, Mitch I'll see you there." Perri says, grabbing his keys.

"Cool, see you there." Mitch replies.

"Are you sure? I can walk." I frown.

"It's on the way, I will drop you off." He insists.

"Okay, thankyou." I smile.

We get into his car and reverse onto the road, heading in the direction of town and the studio. After about 5 minutes driving, we pull up on the edge of town.

"Thankyou, I will see you later." I smile, kissing him quickly.

"Good luck, see you in a bit." He smiles.

I climb out the car and close the door, giving him a wave before making my way over to JD.

I take in a deep breath before heading inside and over to the checkout.

"Hi, I'm looking for Jonathan." I say politely.

"Ah yeah, he's the man over there in the red top." A girl about my age smiles.

"Thankyou." I reply.

I make my way across the shop floor over to Jonathan.

"Hi, I'm Sophia. I emailed this morning about the job placement." I state.

"Ahh! Yes, well hi Sophia." He smiles. "If you would like to borrow one of the staff tshirts we have in the back room, just so the customers know you're 'staff' then we can get started."

I unwrap one of the new tees and pull it over my original top, tucking it into my jeans also. I then head back out and over to Jon.

"Right! Now if you would like to start by sorting out all the clothing racks, they need to go in size order from smallest at the front to largest at the back." He explains. "Any problems, ask one of the other girls on the desk."

****************

After a 5 hour shift and I've completed all the different tasks and helped people when they've asked for it, I find Jon again.

"Sophia! How did you think you did?" He asks.

"Yeah, I think I did alright actually." I chuckle.

"Well, me and the other colleagues think you did a brill job!" He smiles. "You might want to keep that top."

"Really, I got the job?!" I exclaim.

"Welcome aboard! Your shift starts Monday." He explains, before shaking my hand.

"Thankyou so much!" I say gratefully.

I pick up my bag from the back room and make my way out of the shop and through town, heading towards the studio.

I plug my earphones into my phone and push them into my ears, pressing shuffle. I hum along to 'Rewind' by Kid Ink ft Akon.

As I reach the studio I take my earphones out and stuff them back into my bag, no doubt forming a knot that will take me years to undo.

"Hey Soph! You look lovely." Dani smiles from behind the desk.

"Aw thankyou!" I smile as I head down the corridor towards studio 1.

I push open the door and smile at the boys rehearsing. They work so hard it's unreal.

"Hey!" Jordan says as Ashley turns the music down.

"Hey!" I smile, placing my bag down.

"How did it go?" Perri asks, jogging over.

"Really well! I start Monday." I beam, pulling at the top they gave me.

"No way! That's great!" He exclaims, hugging me.

"Yeah! I supposes I can take it off now!" I say untucking it. "Don't worry, I have a top on underneath." I chuckle, looking at Jord's face.

"I was gonna say!" He says raising his eyebrows.

I fold it up and place it into my bag, before having a seat in front of the mirrors- watching them rehearse some more.

****************

Hey!😎

Hope you all enjoyed this past, vote and comment like you always do 😏💙

Some readers have asked me for recommendations, if you like diversity fanfictions then check out:

miakiely
Erica_Sam_Craske
erinandalex
JordBanjoAf
AoifeBanjo12

Have a read of their books/ stories 👌