Chapter 20.

Great. Back to the usual school routine.

That's another thing I don't like about coming back home after being with Perri- back to school.

After dragging myself out of bed and doing all the necessities in the bathroom, I head over to my wardrobe.

No, I didn't get enough sleep last night, and no I can't be bothered to look presentable.

I pull on my blue jeans with rips in the knees, with a plain black hoody. I apply my normal makeup and tie my hair up in a messy bun.

I push my feet into my superstars and trudge downstairs.

"Oh morning grumpy!" My mum chuckles, looking at the frown on my face.

"Morning." I say, slumping into a chair.

"Do you want anything to eat?" She asks, passing me a glass of squash.

"Um, na I'm okay thanks." I smile.

After waking up a bit more, I jog back upstairs and retrieve my laptop from off my desk and place it neatly in my bag.

"You off now?" Mum asks, cradling Leela.

"Yeah." I sigh, grabbing my phone.

"See you after school sweet." She smiles.

"Yeah, see you later." I reply, making my way out the door.

I begin walking down the road before I get engulfed into a tight hug from Clara. I laugh and pull away, straightening up.

"How was it!?" She beams.

"Oh, it was so good! I didn't want to leave!" I smile.

"How was Perri?" She questions.

"Yeah, he was really good!" I reply, picturing his face in my mind.

We walk to school and head in our separate ways into our tutors. I take my seat at the back of the classroom and fiddle with the strands on my jeans.

"Ah! Well nice to see you again Sophia!" Mr Graham chimes.

I roll my eyes as I know a snide remark is about to come into conversation.

"I understand you were off galavanting with your boyfriend!"

There it is.

"Yes sir." I reply bluntly.

The younger girls in my tutor start whispering to each other.

"I thought it was her on Perri's Instagram!" One of them states.

I chuckle and shake my head. It's funny how one picture of me and Perri can cause so much drama.

Finally the 20 minutes of sitting in tutor ends and I get to go to the sixth form block. I take a seat on a big comfy chair and pull my laptop out of my bag.

Due to me not being here all week, I have to catch up on my science, English and music coursework.

Such fun.

I log into my laptop and plug my headphones in. I click on my music and press shuffle on all my songs from iTunes.

I start my English coursework when my phone vibrates on the seat next to me.

From Perri 🙈: hope your enjoying school 😏 miss you!❤️x

To Perri 🙈: yeah it's great! Catching up on missed coursework 👌 miss you too❤️x

I lock my phone and get back to my work, I've missed so much- I can't let myself get distracted.

After about an hour to myself, some other girls in my year join me.

"So, is it true that your dating Perri Kiely?" Jess asks.

"Um yeah." I reply, taking out an earphone.

"Aw, that's cute! He's hot to be fair." She states.

"Yeah I know!" I chuckle.

After the quick conversation, once again I get back to my work. This is dragging so much. This coursework will be the death of me.

It's times like this when I seriously miss being with the boys.

I hum along to the song playing and eventually get my English done- just in time for break.

I lock my laptop as I'm going back on it later and push it back into my bag. I stand up, adjusting my jeans, before heading outside to meet Clara.

"Hey, today's dragging!" She groans.

"Your telling me!" I chuckle. "Whose that?" I say peering at her phone.

"Sam." She says, a smile blush appearing on her cheeks.

"Ooo, so how's that going?" I smirk.

"Yeah it's going good! We are taking it slow." She nods.

"That's good to hear!" I smile, taking a bite of my chocolate bar.

The rest of the day drags so much it's unreal! All I did was sit in the sixth form common room and type up coursework.

Yep. The life of a 17 year old.

When the final bell rings, I practically jump up from my seat. I walk quickly to the main gate and meet Clara.

It takes about 30 minutes to get home, as we stopped of at costa on the way.

It was needed.

I say goodbye to Clara and enter my house. It seems way too quiet.

"Mum?! I'm home!" I call, heading into the living room.

"Mum!" I say shocked. "What's wrong?"

I dump my bag in the armchair and rush over to her.

Makeup running down her face. Tissues all around her. This is not like my mum at all- she's so cheerful!

"It's your dad." She sobs. "He's back."

My blood runs cold.

No way can he be back.

"What?! He came here?!" I exclaim, raising my voice slightly.

All she does in nods, blowing her nose into yet another tissue. I sit next to her and hug her tightly.

"He isn't going to get in the way like last time- Jason's hard mate he is!" I state, making my mum chuckle.

"I know, but just as we get our life sorted- we are all happy, Leela is here! But noooo that devil has to show his face again!"

"I understand, we can't let him bring us down like this." I say standing up. "Go run yourself a hot bath- use one of my lush bath bombs. Not the sex bomb mind you- that's my favourite!"

"Sophia!" My mum says shocked.

"Sorry!" I chuckle. "It smells so good."

I pull her up off the sofa and usher her upstairs. Even though she isn't satisfied.

"I will look after Leela." I smile.

"You are the best 17 year old daughter out there!" She says gratefully.

"Why thankyou!" I curtsy.

************

Hey guys!😚

Hopefully your liking these updates 🙏

Vote and comment you amazing people 🙈 it's much appreciated 😚