Day 1 (Wesnesday)

"Ok, so les devoirs seront pour... Mercredi prochain. Qu'en pensez-vous?" asked Mme. War (pronounced Vharr).
"What did you say?" asked a clueless student.
"I said that the homework will be for next Wednesday," answered the teacher, annoyed.
"We don't have school next Wednesday," someone said.
"Oh, tu as raison!" exclaimed the teacher.

Mme. War is our French teacher. She sometimes speaks in "Frenglish", a mix of French and English.

"How come we don't have school on Wednesday?" asked someone.

I don't know their names yet. I'm new in this school and it's my first Advanced French Class. The only person I know is Ana, the other new girl in my class. Unfortunately, she doesn't take Advanced French, she takes Advanced Spanish. I speak fluent French, unlike most of the other students in this class.

"Because it's a Jewish Holiday," answered another student.
"Thanks Jewish people!" whispered the guy in front of me.

I'm Jewish. My family is actually pretty religious. We celebrate all the Holidays, eat kosher...

So when that guy thanked "Jewish People", even though I had never even seen his face, I felt like he was thanking me. I was sort of proud of myself. Proud of being Jewish.