Day 40 (Sunday)

"Okay, I know we have both waited for this moment the whole night. Let's talk about boys!" exclaimed Kitty.

She was visiting me and sleeping over at my house. We had already spent the whole day together, but we had never gotten enough time or privacy to talk about the serious stuff.

I explained the whole Julian drama to her.

"Oh god, I can't believe he lied to you. I thought he was supposed to be a good guy!" she said once I was done.
"I know... I can't believe we ruined our friendship so fast. And I can't believe how much of a jerk he is!"
"Yeah... Well, on the other side, I don't really blame him. It must of taken a lot of courage to ask the girl you like out. Think about it. If you decided you suddenly wanted to tell Oliver you liked him, would you do it?"
"No."
"And if you were put in a situation where you have to tell him, would you chicken out?"
"Probably."
"Well," she explained, "that's exactly what happened with him. He HAD to tell you he liked you, but he chickened out at the last minute and he lied. And then he was so ashamed to admit it that he lied again. And then, suddenly, he was caught in a web of lies, and here we are!"
"I guess you're right..."
"Of course I am! I'm always right!"
"If you say so... Anyways, if I choose not to stay mad at him and to talk to him again, won't it be awkward?"
"It will be at first, but then it will pass."

It felt so good to tell her what was on my mind and to hear her opinion. Because after all, Kitty was right. About everything.