Day 31 (Friday)

"Alright children, today, we are going to work in groups," said a teacher.

I am not sure which one, because I wasn't paying attention to class. I was too busy staring at Oliver.

"Hello, you're Rose, right?" said a joyful voice, knocking me out of my thoughts.

I raised my head. It was a chubby, green eyed guy. He really wasn't good looking, but he seemed nice.

"Yeah."
"I'm Julian," he said, giving me his hand to shake.

I shook it.

"So, we're supposed to work together for a "group research". But honestly, let's just chill," Julian said.

I totally agreed with him, I didn't feel like working.

Julian and I started talking and getting to know each other.

"So, tell a cool fact about yourself," I demanded.
"Well, I have two gay dads and I'm adopted."
"Wow! That's... Something," I exclaimed, surprised.
"Yeah... Anyways, tell me a fun fact about you."
"Well, I'm not nearly as interesting as you, but I speak fluent French," I announced.
"That's sick! How come?"
"I've lived in Paris," I explained.
"Awesome!"
"Thanks."

Right then, I noticed a scrape on his lower arm.

"How did that happen?" I asked, pointing to his arm.
"Long story short, I fell off my skateboard because my brother was throwing rocks at me," he said.
"Why was your brother throwing rocks at you?"
"Who knows?" he shrugged.

I laughed.

"I like your brother already."
"Oh, let me show you something cool!" he suddenly exclaimed.

He discretely took his phone out and showed me pictures of realistic tattoos. They were impressive.

Right then, the bell rung. The class had passed so quickly! And, walking out of the room, I realized: I hadn't thought of Oliver the whole period.