Day 38 (Friday)

When I got to school on Friday morning, Liv immediatelycame up to me.

"We have to talk about serious business."
"What is it?" I asked.
"So, last night, after P. E., Julian told me that he likes you and that he wants me to ask you if you would go out with him.

Wow. I had not expected things to move so fast. I was really nervous. I had never been asked out before.

"So???" Liv asked impatiently.
"I'm gonna need to think about it," I said.
"Okay, I'll go tell him that."

So I thought about it the whole morning. I finally decided to talk to Julian in person instead of having Liv go back and forth between us. I told Liv to tell Julian that, and we agreed to meet at lunch.

So, at lunch, Julian and I talked.

"Listen," I started. "I really like you, as a friend. But I'm new at this school, and I'm still kind of lost, and I don't think us going out is a good idea."
"Who talked about us going out?" Julian asked.
"Well, Liv-"
"And never told Liv I wanted to go out with you, I just told her I thought you were really nice and funny. That's all."
"Oh."

So Liv and I had misunderstood everything. I must have looked pretty stupid right there. I didn't know what to do or say.

Awkward.