Chapter Eleven: Fluffy Dates

It's been a week since Gavin confessed to me. He hasn't been in work and Barbara and Meg have been giving me dirty looks. Geoff and I even got into an argument which almost resolved in us getting into a fist fight.
I decided that I should talk to him and get this sorted out. I've had more time to think over my feelings and I decided that I was gonna try this out. It'd just be a secret relationship that I'd test out to see if I liked it or not. If I did then I'd ask him to be my official boyfriend. If I didn't, then I guess it'll just be insanely awkward between us.
I looked up at Gavin's apartment. Nervousness was swelling in my stomach and I really hoped he wouldn't be a mess.
I got out of my car and started up to Gavin's apartment. Each step brought a while new wave of nervousness to my stomach and by the time I stood in front of Gavin's apartment door, I thought I was gonna get sick.
I knocked and heard shuffling. I started breathing deeply as the urge to throw up became more and more overwhelming. When the door finally opened I felt my heart drop.
Gavin wasn't doing too well. His stubble wasn't exactly stubble anymore. It was more of a developing beard. He had dark circles under his eyes and his actual eyes were glazed and droopy. His hair was messy, messier than normal and a little greasy. His cheeks had tear stains on them and I noticed a few tears still running down his face.
The moment he realized it was me, he quickly wiped away the tears and tried for a smile.
"Hey, Mi-cool. What are you doing here?" Gavin asked me. I didn't know what to do so I just hugged him. I hugged him as tight as I could and I heard him start to sob again.
The first thing I noticed about him was how unbelievably skinny he was. I could feel his bones very easily on his body. Had he not eaten since he confessed?
I felt him start to wobble a little in my grasp and I picked him up and carried him to his couch. It was dark but I knew Gavin's apartment well enough to be able to navigate in the dark.
I laid him down on the couch and he instantly pointed to a trashcan on the ground. I picked it up and gave it to him and he ended up getting sick into it. I rubbed his back soothingly while he got sick.
When he finished I got up and put the trashcan in the shower. I quickly rinsed it out and placed it by the couch again.
Gavin leaned back and I noticed he was crying again. I sat down next to him and pulled him into my embrace.
"Gavin... I'm so sorry. I wish I could've been honest with you in the first place. I'm so sorry I did this to you," I told him. Gavin shook his head and began sobbing loudly into me.
"Gavin, I really like you, okay? I didn't tell you because I wasn't ready to admit to myself that I liked you. But now, seeing you like this, I wish I did tell you how I felt. So Gavin, I want to ask you something," I started. Gavin pulled away for a second and looked at me.
"Will you go out with me?" I asked him. Gavin gave me a weird look.
"That's not funny," He told me.
"What?" I asked him.
"You were set up to do this weren't you. You're only doing it out of pity for me," Gavin said. I instantly shook my head.
"I'm doing it for myself, Gavin! I swear. I really like you and I want to try... Us... Out," I told him honestly. He sighed and I took his hands in mine.
"Let's try this again. Gavin, will you go out with me?" I asked him. Gavin smiled a little and nodded.
"Good. Now, why don't I make you something to eat and you go take a shower and shave that thing that's attacked your face," I told him. Gavin laughed a little and got up to take a shower.
When I finished his food, Gavin walked out of the bathroom. His face looked way better but he still looked sleep deprived. I gave him the food and played around with his hair while he ate. When he finished, I took his plate and I returned to him.
He yawned and stretched and I gave him my hand. He gladly took it and I led him to his bedroom and laid him down. Gavin smiled and curled up under the covers.
"So, when will we be going out?" Gavin asked me cutely. I smiled and thought for a moment.
"If you come to work tomorrow I'll take you out to dinner tomorrow night," I offered. Gavin smiled and nodded.
"Good. I'll see you tomorrow then," I told him. Gavin nodded and grabbed my hand gently.
I was kinda reluctant on holding his hand back but I did and I was glad I did. It felt pretty nice.
I gazed into Gavin's eyes, which were a dark shade of green due to the lighting in the room. I never realized how mesmerizing his eyes were until this moment. He had little flecks of gold in his eyes that I never noticed before. They made them look even more incredible.
"Mi-cool?" Gavin asked. I quickly snapped out of my stare and stood up.
"Well, I have to get back to the apartment. Mavrick's probably going crazy that I'm not there. Um... Good night, Gavvers," I said. He smiled and nodded. He rolled over and closed his eyes.
I couldn't help myself.
I leaned down and kissed his cheek gently. I felt his lips curve into a smile against my lips and pulled away. I walked towards the door and took one last glance at him.
Maybe this would work out.