Chapter Fourteen: Lindsey's Back

It's been a week since Gavin and I started dating. The guys quickly caught on and they were happy for us.
I thought life couldn't get any better.
Lindsey told me she was visiting and that she would be here soon. I honestly couldn't wait to see her again. When I told Gavin she was coming down he acted a little weird about it.

~ Earlier ~

"Hey, Gav! Lindsey is coming back for a visit!" I told him excitedly. Gavin grunted and eyed me.
"Why?" He asked me.
"Um, maybe because she misses everyone here?" I told him. Gavin sighed and leaned back on his couch.
"Are you gonna hang out with her?" He asked me.
"Probably. She and I are still pretty good friends," I told him. Gavin groaned.
"Hey, you're not jealous, are you?" I asked him. Gavin whipped his head up and I saw his face turn pink.
"I'm not jealous!" Gavin said. I laughed and sat next to him on the couch.
"Well, in case you are, Lindsey's not gonna be able to take me away from you. In fact, she was the one who told me to embrace my feelings for you. You should be thanking her," I told him. Gavin smiled and leaned against my waiting arms. I kissed his head and whispered to him;
"Nobody can take me away from you."

~ Present ~

I ran down the stairs to the lobby. Lindsey texted me saying she was here and I wanted to be one of the first people she greets.
I saw her in the lobby and I ran over to her. She smiled and opened her arms for me to hug her. I gave her a long hug and kissed her dark red hair.
"Lindsey! I've missed you. How's L.A.," I asked her. Lindsey shrugged.
"Same old, same old, I guess. How've you been? Or more specially, how have you and Gavin been?" Lindsey winked and nudged me. I laughed and started walking with her.
"Good. It's been a week since we started dating so... Not much has really happened yet," I told her. Lindsey nodded and smiled.
"Hey, wanna go get some drinks tonight? On me," Lindsey offered. I looked at the AH office down the hall. Gavin wanted me to watch horror movies with him tonight. But... Lindsey's only in town for so long.
"Sure. That sounds awesome," I told her. She smiled and hugged me again.
"It was great seeing you again, Michael. I can't wait for tonight," She said and walked off. Hopefully Gavin won't be too upset.

I pulled on my beanie and checked my phone again. Lindsey was getting me in about five minutes.
Gavin was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be watching movies with him. But, he told me we would do it some other time and I agreed and kissed him. I sent him a quick text, telling him if I wasn't too drunk I'd come over to his apartment and spend the night.
Lindsey texted me telling me she was waiting. I patted Mavrick's head and headed out the door.

It was going on nine and I was almost drunk. I was kinda on the verge of being completely tipsy, to slightly drunk. I set down my third beer and looked over at Lindsey.
She was on her fifth beer and she was pretty drunk. I laughed at her drunken self trying to explain the difference between RoosterTeeth and her new company.
"You know, Michael, I'm really glad we're hanging out again," Lindsey said. I smiled and agreed.
"You know, I really missed you," Lindsey said.
"I missed you too, Linds," I told her. Lindsey moved closer to me.
"I miss the feeling of you being close to me," Lindsey said rather seductively.
"Me too, Linds. I miss you being around here," I told her, trying to lighten up the air.
"I miss the feeling of your lips on mine," She said suddenly. Before I knew it, she was pulling me down for a kiss. She pressed her lips against mine and pried open my mouth. She slipped her tongue in and I quickly pushed away.
"Lindsey! We... We're not a thing anymore! Remember? We broke up," I reminded her. Lindsey blinked a few times before she regained her composure,
"Oh god, Michael. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen," Lindsey apologized.
"Look, Linds. I think I'm gonna head out. I told Gavin, if I wasn't too drunk, I'd come over to his apartment. I'll see ya tomorrow," I told her. I walked out of the bar and made my way to Gavin's.
I won't tell Gavin about that. I won't. He would only get upset and it wouldn't be worth it.

It's been about a week since Lindsey kissed me. Gavin still didn't know, and things have been going great with us.
Well, expect for one thing.
Lately, I've been feeling really tired. I've also been getting a sore throat and random headaches at the weirdest moments. I've been trying to hide it but some of the guys have caught on.
We were in the middle of a Let's Play when a really bad headache came on. I stayed quiet about it for as long as I could until eventually I couldn't take the sound of my coworkers voices blasting in my ears. I took my headphones off and groaned. I rubbed my temple with my fingers and noticed Gavin and the others looking at me with concerned looks.
"You alright, Mi-cool?" Gavin asked me. I sighed and nodded. I didn't want to worry Gavin out of everyone.
"I'm fine. Just a headache," I told him. Geoff decided to continue to bug me about it.
"Haven't you been getting headaches randomly for the past week? Maybe you should see a doctor. I've heard your voice getting raspy too," Geoff told me. Thanks a lot, Geoff...
Gavin got out of his chair and made his way over to me. He pressed his hands against my cheeks and then my forehead and made a worried face.
"You're burning up, Mi-cool. Maybe you should head home," Gavin said. Geoff got up and looked me over.
"Guys I'm fine. There's only an hour left of work. I'll be fine," I told them. Gavin and Geoff looked unconvinced but they still sat down and continued working.
That was the longest hour of my life.
Gavin wanted to come with me to my apartment to make sure I was alright but I refused to let him. He told me he'd call me later and he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left.
I was terrified that I was gonna pass out on my drive home. I was feeling that bad. I quickly pulled into the parking lot and made my way, shakily, up the stairs to my apartment. I unlocked the door and grabbed some medicine for myself before going to my bed and laying down.
Whatever was going on is really starting to piss me off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the shorter chapter. Anyway, I'm home for school today and I was thinking I might start another Mavin story (I know right? Another! What the fuck is wrong with me?). I actually have a couple that I could post but I'm kinda unsure about them. So, this is how I'll do it.
Tell me which Mavin story you'll find more interesting. Here are your choices.
~ The AH guys are in like the Minecraft universe but Ryan is the mad king and shit like that
~ The AH guys are in high school
~ And one where Gavin is like suicidal and stuff
Okay! So those are your choices! Please tell me with one you like best. They'll be Mavin, I promise. Anyway, please leave some feedback and I hope you enjoyed!