Chapter Thirty-Eight: Proposal Number Two

I heard the door to the AH office open and I turned back to look at the newcomer. It was Gavin. However, he looked flustered and worried. Or... More worried than he usually does.
He slowly made eye contact with me and smiled gently, walking over to me and kissing me, surprisingly on the lips. I returned the kiss, feeling his eagerness through the kiss almost immediately.
When we pulled away, I noticed the guys staring at us with raised eyebrows. All of them stopped editing whatever part they were on just to stare at us. I blushed in embarrassment, along with Gavin, and Geoff immediately got up and grabbed me, pulling me away from my work.
"What was that all about?" He said, almost growling at me.
"I-I have no idea," I said, just as confused as he was.
"I thought Gavin was avoiding you until he gave you an answer," Geoff continued, completely ignoring my response.
"I know, Geoff. I swear I have no idea. I mean... Last night he came over saying he needed me. Honestly, the whole ordeal with us is confusing the hell out of me," I told him.
"You're telling me," Geoff started, looking behind himself. "Look, Michael, I've never seen Gavin act like this before. For all I know he could've killed someone. Just... Try and watch out for him, please. Ever since he moved out I worry about him. His lack of intelligence tends to get him into some questionable predicaments."
I nodded slowly, understanding exactly what he was talking about. He gave me a sad smile before leading me back into the office.

Throughout the week, I noticed Barbara had been giving me looks. Strange looks. Like she knew something that she really wanted to tell me, but wouldn't. I ignored her looks for as long as possible until curiosity got the better of me.
"Hey, Barbara, can I talk to you?" I asked her. Barbara's head immediately shot up from her desk and she nodded swiftly, almost nervously.
I walked with her down the hallways until we stopped in the kitchen. Barbara was giving me a smile but I quickly noticed how she was tapping her foot nervously.
"What do you know?" I questioned her.
Barbara's expression turned from trying to hide her nervousness, to completely showing it and beginning to worry. She wouldn't meet my gaze and she looked everywhere but directly at me.
"What do you mean?" She asked me nervously.
"You have been giving me looks like you know something that I don't all week. Now I'm just guessing right now, but does it have something to do with Gavin not answering my proposal?" I asked her. Barbara instantly tensed up some more, if that was even possible.
"You could say that, yeah," She said shakily.
Her gaze shifted behind me for a moment and I gave her a confused look. I immediately turned around, looking behind me at whatever was back there, but found nothing.
"Barbara, just tell me. Gavin means the world to me and if something's bothering him, I want to help him," I told her. Barbara finally shifted her gaze back to me.
"Look, Gavin made me promise not to tell anyone, especially you. When he deems it time to tell you, he will. Besides, this type of news should come from him and not his best friend," She told me. She patted my shoulder gently before grabbing a beer from the fridge and walking away. I watched her pop it open quickly and take a long swig from it.
I sighed and walked back to the AH office. Obviously something was bothering him and it seemed I wasn't gonna get it from anyone else but him.
"Mi-cool?" I heard the timid voice of my boyfriend say behind me.
I turned around and looked at him, watching him gracefully (for once in his life) walk over to me. He smiled a broad smile, very strange from his usual fearful look. He stopped in front of me and looked at me happily.
"Can... Can you ask me again?" He asked me gently.
"Ask you what?" I asked him back, incredibly confused.
Gavin rolled his eyes and laughed slightly, making me smile that he was laughing again. He pointed to the lump in my pocket, making me instantly reach for it and pull it out. I looked at the small box in my hand, instantly understanding what he meant. I smiled even wider, looking at him straight into his eyes.
"Are you sure?" I asked him worriedly, my smile disappearing for a moment.
Gavin rolled his eyes again and pushed me down, making me get down on one knee. I smirked at him, and opened the box gently, re presenting the ring to him. He smiled again, reaching for my hand and squeezing it.
"Gavin, will you marry me?" I asked him again.
"Of course I will, Mi-cool."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So really short chapter, sorry about that.
I've been really depressed lately and I have yet to figure out why. Like literally... I want to burst into tears right now and I have absolutely no idea why. I don't know, hopefully it goes away.
Sorry, I shouldn't be talking about my life here.
Anyway, please leave a comment telling me what you think or how I can improve. It means the world to see comments and feedback from people.
Thanks for reading!