Chapter Eighteen: Getting Him Back

~ 3 months later ~

I walked up to the office with Jesse and Jack. We had went to lunch and happened to return at the same time. We were joking around about random stuff but I was only half in the conversation.
It's been three months since Gavin left. Three months without the stupid British man that could make anyone laugh by his idiocy. I really wanted to call him and talk to him, but I knew he wouldn't want that.
Since I found out Gavin left, I had lost weight and been on edge. I've been having anxiety attacks that have been getting worse. I've been having nightmares which led to my insomnia.
I was miserable.
I walked into the office and noticed Geoff standing in the middle of the room. I looked at him curiously and before I knew it, he had his hand wrapped around my throat, choking me.
Jack pulled Geoff off of me and Jesse held me back while I regained balance. I sucked in air and rubbed my eyes before looking at Geoff.
"What the fuck?" I growled at him.
"This is all your fault! You're the reason Gavin might quit Achievement Hunter. You're the reason Gavin might never come back to Austin. You fucked up, Michael!" Geoff screamed at me.
"Wait, what? Gavin's not quitting," I muttered.
"Yes he might! He just called me saying he might stay back in England. You fucked up big time Michael! And you have to fix it now. Because if Gavin quits, then I'm firing you," Geoff growled at me.
I honestly did not care if I got fired. But Gavin leaving Achievement Hunter? No. No that can't happen. The office sucked without Gavin around. And if he quit, then it would always be like this. Permanently. And I wouldn't be able to deal with that.
"Leave it to me. I have a plan," I told them.

Gavin's POV:

Calling Geoff and telling him I might be quitting was probably one of the most difficult things I ever did. Achievement Hunter was my life. I remembered I used to dream of joining them when I was in college. When I actually got to work for them, as in setting up equipment and stuff, I thought life couldn't get any better.
I remembered Michael when he was younger. Just entering his twenties and looking so sexy. He still looked like a teenager back then. His voice wasn't as raspy and deep as it was now. His hair... So long and silky.
Back then, Achievement Hunter was still new. Back when the original four Achievement Hunters were the ones that ruled. Before Ray and I were hired. Michael used to tell me about those times before Ray and I were hired, saying it was awkward being the youngest there. How Geoff had forced Michael to ask Lindsay out because she was crushing on him. How Jack and Ryan didn't sound like each other. How Team Lads and Team Gents weren't a thing.
I felt myself tearing up, remembering when I was first hired. How awkward I was at first. Michael and Ray had been quick to befriend me. I remembered sitting at my desk, admiring how much Michael grew up in the time I was away. I didn't care that him and Lindsay were dating then, I still knew I was falling for him. And hard.

~ Flashback ~

Michael typed away furiously at his keyboard. I smiled at him and watched as he had the sexiest look of concentration on his face.
He didn't look as childish anymore. As in, he actually looked like he was in twenties instead of his teens. He was still adorable though. He still had the chubby cheeks that I loved so much. Even though I knew he was all muscle, those cheeks just gave away the softness he had inside.
I noticed my long bowl cut hair falling into my eyes, obscuring my view of Michael. I pushed it out of my eyes and turned back to my work, sneaking glances at Michael every now and then.
Ugh, the darkness of my hair really bugged me. I had such a bubbly personality that having dark hair made no sense for me. But, it was winter in England and that was the time my hair usually turned dark. By summer, it'd be a light brown blondish color.
I looked back over at Michael. He sat back in his chair with his eyes closed. I smirked and got up, knocking over his little figurines on his desk.
"Gavin! You fucking prick!" He screamed at me. I laughed at that and when he shoved me down I laughed even more.

~ Another Flashback ~

I got into the minecart and watched my character bounce between Ray and Michael as they tried to get me out of the minecart. They failed miserably and I laughed uncontrollably. I was gonna get the achievement, and they weren't.
"God dammit!" Michael roared.
I laughed even harder at that and suddenly I felt someone shove me down. I screamed and started laughing again as I realized Michael had tackled me and was holding me down, punching me playfully.
"Are they having sex?" Geoff yelled into his microphone.
"Ah! I can't stop!" Michael screamed out, making me laugh even harder. I felt myself blushing at both of their comments.
I felt tears well in my eyes and my head begin to pound as I recovered from my laughter. Michael was back at his desk, screaming into his microphone about how much of a dick I was.
I sat back at my desk, covering my blush best I could.

~ Another Flashback ~

Ray had just made the announcement that he was leaving Achievement Hunter. I felt tears well up in my eyes at the thought of one of my best friends not being here anymore.
I felt Michael's arm wrap around my shoulder and I leaned into his touch. The tears were threatening to spill but I wouldn't allow them. I couldn't. Ray was finally doing what he loved and being his friend, I had to support him, even if I hated his decision.
"Hey, you guys got a month to make Mavin a thing. I still want to be the one that catches you guys making out in the office," Ray joked. I laughed and let the tears flow down.
I was gonna miss him.

~ End of Flashbacks ~

Now, I was crying uncontrollably in my bedroom. God, I hated myself for doing this, but if Michael and I weren't together, I couldn't go back.
I heard my mum and a couple butlers run up the stairs to make sure I was alright. My mum walked around to my bed and pet back my hair.
"Gavvy, what's wrong?" She asked me soothingly.
"I just told Geoff I might quit Achievement Hunter," I sobbed out.
"Well, why in the bloody world would you do that?" She asked confused.
"Because, I can't go back. Not while Michael's there," I told her.
"Well, maybe you should try forgiving Michael, dear. I'm sure he didn't mean to kiss Lindsay. I'm sure he didn't want to lie to you. Maybe he was trying to keep you from too much heartache and jealousy," My mum told me.
Maybe she was right. Maybe that was Michael's intentions. Now that I thought about it, perhaps it was. Michael was only looking out for me.
I felt like a real dick in that moment. Michael was only protecting me and instead I pushed him away and left him. He would never forgive me now. Hell, that's probably why he hasn't bothered to contact me in anyway.
I'm so sorry, Michael.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay! I know most of the events I said in this is probably not true but just go with it. I found those events a lot more interesting so I just went with them. Anyway, thank you for reading and please give me feedback! Should I end this story in the next chapter? Please tell me. Thank for reading and I hope you enjoyed!