Chapter 20: Kyle's POV

The fire flickered to light. With no help from Liv. Or Riley. Riley was too busy talking to Liv. Something about a lack of makeup and shoes? I don't even know.
Peyton sat silently in the corner, watching everyone. My dad was perched on a log, flirting with Emma. I'm not even bothered by it anymore, he always flirts with women and I can't do anything about it. Believe me I've tried. There was this one girl, she was really annoying. She somehow wound up missing and no one ever saw her again. Except the sharks in the harbor we had anchored at. And there was another girl, and she was just all kinds of weird. Got her hair caught on fire. And another one, she drank food poisoning. Of course, there were many more, but Hook never bothered about them afterwards. So it was perfect. I just had to get rid of Emma.
I was standing up when Liv grabbed hold of my arm. "Heyyyyy Kyle."
I looked at her disgusted. "No offense, but ew you're not my type. I prefer someone who's funny, yet nice, who doesn't care what anyone thinks. More of a girl like... Hey Sabrina's like that. Be more like her."
I laughed and walked away into the forest. I could hear Liv throwing her little tantrum. Someone ran up behind me. I glanced behind me. It was Peyton. "Hey. Where are you going?"
I shrugged her away. "To get some water."
I kept walking, and I knew she stayed where I had left her.
After I had gone a good distance, something rustled in the bushes. I grabbed my sword and raised it high. "Who's there?"
Sabrina ran through, only to be stopped by my sword. "Hey!!! Watch it you're going to cut someone!" She protested, shoving me away.
I tackled her and held the sword to her throat. "I know you're working for Pan."
Her eyes widened and she pushed my face away. "No I'm not get off me."
I pressed it closer to her throat. She was hiding something.
"You're lying. Just tell me what you're hiding."
She pushed me off and shot ice at me. I was pinned down to the floor. She didn't even glance at me again, but instead took off running towards the camp.
That didn't go at all how I expected it to. Sabrina probably lost her trust in me and now she's never going to come back.
Sabrina came back and walked right past me. "hEY HELP ME!"
She rolled her eyes. "No."
And she laughed slightly and ran into the darkness. She was weird.
Peyton came walking towards me. "Are you okay?"
I nodded and let her cut me free. But I still was covered in ice, but it would melt. And I would be soaking wet.
We walked back to camp, and I didn't say another word to Peyton. Everyone was gathered in a little group, preparing to go on a trip.
"What's going on??" I questioned walking over to my dad. "Well... We're going on a little journey... to the Echo Caves."
"To find Neal."