Rehearsal

You had never imagined how hard they worked until today. You thought that at least one of them would have collapsed during their choreography. But they were determined to work through it, while trying to keep you entertained too.

Your first proper time to talk with them that day was at their (late) lunch break. You could tell that they were exhausted just by their facial expressions. When they caught you looking at them, each of them put on a big smile to lessen your concern.

"I can't believe you put up with this stress every day. I honestly don't know whether I would be able to cope with it for one day!" You were rather concerned, as it looked like Taemin was about to faint.

"Yeah.. It's definitely... tough.." Onew sounded exasperated, but still managed to support Taemin. "Here, drink some more," Onew passed a large water bottle to Taemin, who nodded in thanks and drank adamantly.

"But it'll be worth it! After all, no pain, no gain," Minho encouraged. They all nodded in agreement, too out of breath to say anything else.

Their choreographer clapped, "Back to work!"

"What?!" Key mustered. "We've only been sitting down for two minutes!" He was outraged, looking at his friends for support.

"I meant... back to work later on! You've finished learning your dances for your videos!" their choreographer chuckled.

"But we've finished recording our vocals too," Jonghyun said, puzzled.

"So... we've completed our next album!!!" Onew shouted, grabbing you for a hug. You were caught by surprise, and after reality set back in, you hugged back. "Congratulations!" You said. You weren't sure whether Onew heard you or not, but he did, and squeezed you even tighter.

The other members were hugging too, and quickly got into a group hug. You were happy enough just watching them, but Minho beckoned you over, and Taemin insisted that you joined them. With Minho on one side and Taemin on the other, you couldn't have felt happier, and neither could they.

"We are SO going out tonight," Key laughed.

Everyone dispersed to go pack their things and get ready to leave for the day. You went over to Taemin, as he looked a little lost. When you approached him, he was staring into space, so you got his attention by waving you hands in front of his face. "You alright, Taemin?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry, I'm just tired. That dance took me a while to get perfect," he sighed.

"It all looked pretty perfect to me!" You said, trying to restore some energy in him. He smiled, as you all started walking towards the door.

"I'm so sorry that we didn't spend much time with you today. You must have been very bored... I promise that tomorrow we'll have a fun day out though,"

"Taemin, there's really nothing to be sorry about! But I will hold you to your promise of a fun, relaxing day tomorrow,".

"To celebrate, I suggest some... KARAOKE!!!" Jonghyun yelled. Everyone was up for it, and so were you at first. But then you thought, I don't sing - ever! You had no chance of impressing them with your singing. You would only go for songs to sing with other people. Your heart started beating faster as you thought more and more about what they would think of your singing...