Alternative Epilogue: Minho

Don't read this if you are happy with the previous chapter/epilogue 

(or do, it's up to you :D)

You yawned as you walked out of the YG building. You hated it when you finished late, as it was always cold. You heard a knock on the window and you spun around. It was Jiyong and Taeyang pulling funny faces at you and pressing themselves against the glass. You rolled your eyes and waved goodbye before heading home. 

You waited patiently at your bus stop, hopping from foot to foot to keep warm. You saw headlights approach, and your expression brightened, thinking that it was your bus. But no, that would be too easy. It was just a taxi, and it drove by without giving you a chance to wave it over to give you a ride home. You stomped your foot in frustration and sighed, looking at the ground.

Then, you heard the churning of gravel as a vehicle reversed down the road. You glanced up in confusion, it was the taxi that had just passed. You squinted as you tried to get a look at who was in there through the dulled window. The taxi door opened, and someone leaned out. 

"(Y/N)?" He frowned.

"Minho?" You frowned back. 

He laughed and beckoned you into the taxi. You stood there for a second, double-checking that you weren't imagining all this. It was late, after all. 

"What? You're not going to stand in the cold waiting for a bus that might never come, are you?" He chuckled, interrupting your thoughts.

"I guess not," You mumbled. 

You stepped into the taxi and buckled up. Safety first. You triple checked that it was fastened correctly. You had always been hesitant about cars after the crash, and this taxi was no exception, even though years had passed. Minho stared at you.

"Don't worry, and don't be stubborn about it," He told you, pulling your hand gently away from the seatbelt's plug. 

His words reminded you of when you two went to get coffee. You had always wondered what would have happened if you didn't leave him there to go to dance practice. It was a long time ago, when you were still at SMent, but it was still a fond memory that you kept close. 

"Where are you going at this time of night anyway?" You asked curiously. 

"I had to get home from SM somehow, and Taemin's using my car for driving lessons," He sighed.

"And how's that?!" You giggled. You knew Minho would be annoyed if anything happened to that car.

"It... could be better," He admitted, laughing a little at his predicament. 

"And how's everyone else.. how's Jonghyun?" You exhaled.

"Everyone else is great! Jonghyun, aishh, I don't really know. I only see him during rehearsals now," 

You fiddled with your thumbs, wringing your empty wrists. Knowing that made you feel a little guilty. Minho noticed your reaction.

"He's fine though! He understands why you-"

"Let's just not talk about it," You whispered. 

Minho complied willingly. He easily started another conversation about a video game he had been playing recently. 

"It's awesome! We should play it together one day!" He suggested enthusiastically.

"Definitely," You agreed with a smile. 

The taxi pulled up to a familiar and almost nostalgic place. 

"This is your stop then," You sighed sadly. You were enjoying catching up, and you realised that you had missed him more than you thought. 

"Come in!" He grinned.

"Uh, I don't know," You faltered. You would love to, but if Jonghyun and Onew were going to be there.. aishh.

"The others aren't in," He winked, grabbing your hand.

He pulled you out of the taxi and into the dorm before you could even react properly. But it was nice. 

"Hey, do you want to play that video game that I was telling you about?" He asked.

"Sure," You shrugged. It can't be that bad if Minho was addicted to it. 

The game was a little like MarioKart, except the characters were all different. It was difficult for you, since you had never played before, and Minho had. You kept losing over and over, and it was getting on your nerves. Usually you weren't terrible at video games, but this proved otherwise. And that annoyed you. By the tenth race, you were sat cross-legged on the floor, a few feet away from the TV, and hunched over the controller. Minho was in the same position next to you. Each time he beat you, he would smirk and raise his arms smugly. That didn't help either. After losing again, you threw the controller on the floor and collapsed on the floor, lying flat on your back. 

"Aww, (y/n).." He cooed.

"What?" You grumbled.

"You're so cute! I can't win and be satisfied at the same time, all because you're upset!" 

"I'm not upset," You denied.

"Yeah, sure..." He scoffed. 

Minho crawled over and helped you up to your knees.

"Okay, I have to help you... You're not even beating the computer players!" He teased. 

He sat behind you, and held the controller with you as you did another race. Every so often his fingers would move yours so that you pressed a particular button, and by the halfway point, you found yourself leaning on his chest. You had been second in the race for the longest time, and you were so close to the person in first. 

"Come on.. come on... COME ON!! YES!!!" Minho yelled, jumping up with you in his arms. 

"We did it!" You shouted proudly. 

Minho picked you up, his arms around your waist, whirling you around in circles. You laughed contently. 

"This is almost as good as when we won that basketball match," He sighed happily, putting you back on the ground.

"Why isn't it better?" You asked.

"Because we weren't alone," He replied, grinning. 

You looked up at him, and he leaned forward, kissing you lightly. You didn't stop him. He waited for your reaction. You went to kiss him on the cheek, but he turned his head so the two of you kissed on the lips again. This time, you smacked his arm playfully, and he laughed.