Chapter 7

The door swung open, as expected Mello came in, angrily biting his chocolate, Matt trailing behind him.

"Near,"Mello purred and walked towards the tiny albino.

"What do you want, Mello?"

"Nothing much.." The blondes voice drenched with sweetness gave Near a cautious feeling.

"Lock the door Matt!" Mello barked and faced Near again, darkly smiling.

Matt obliged and quietly shut the door. Mello kneeled and leaned into Near's personal space. But the pale genius remained still.

"Aren't you going to say something?" He purred. Near continued to stare at the ground, building his empire of black and white.

The blond furrowed his eyebrows and glared. He lashed out at the dices then grabbed Near's chin and forced him to look Mello in the eyes.

"What I'm going to say next, Mello, it has been on my mind for quite a while now." He continued,"I like you. I do but I cannot envision a happy relationship with-"

"Shh." Mello put his finger to Near's lips. "Stop thinking for once."

Then the chocolate addict leaned in until their lips were centimeters apart, both of their eyes shut when...

Near abruptly shoved him away. "I can't do this Mello."

The older boy, taken by surprise, sat back and blinked.

Confusion turned into a twisting rage and he grabbed Near by the shirt.

"What do you mean,'I CAN'T DO THIS?" He was practically screaming.

Near winced and shut his eyes,"Mello I can't."

All the anger slowly dissolved as the catholic realized Near was scared. He was practically trembling.. He then picked him up and cradled him on his chest, Near's breath was uneven his heart pounding and eyes still tightly shut.

"I am so sorry Near." He whispered in the little boys ear,"I'm sorry I lost it. But I don't know how I feel, I love you, I hate you, I want you. I want you to love me back. I want to be with you... But I can't seem to... Control myself around you. I always seem to lose it... But please Near. Just give it a chance? Please?"

Near could practically feel the angst and longing in his voice, the sadness and hope all mixed together.

Mello was at his mercy.

He pressed his head to Mello's torso, feeling the rapid beats and shaky breaths. "I want to," he rasped,"You don't realize how much I want to... I'm just not sure yet."

Mello sadly smiled and softly pressed his lips to Near's cold forehead,"Take all the time you need, I'll be here."

He then gently set him down and helped him rebuild the skyscrapers of dies he had destroyed in the process of his confession.

Meanwhile Matt stood in the corner watching, silently crying tears of joy and fangirling over his otp.