Chapter 11

The atmosphere was different between the two boys. It was less intimidating and more... Enjoyable. They smiled and joked more, finally acting like a normal couple. People who passed by them also smiled at them, wondering how such unique individuals could be so giddy.

Their sunny day was suddenly filled with storms. Not literally, a gang of three, older, chubbier boys hung around an alley, simply standing there and making fun of Mello and Near. They followed them around, yelling insults and howling with laughter.

"Who tops in the relationship? The one that looks like a girl or the pale freak!"

"Hey, so do you both like d's? Deez nuts!"

"Blondie! I'll pay you twenty dollars if you spend the night with me!"

They jeered and kept on aggravating them, until Mello stood rigid and stopped dead in his tracks. The boys also stop, still smiling wildly.

"Had enough, faggots?" The chubbiest boy in their pack sweetly said.

"Oh yeah," Mello mockingly smiled and took a step forward. "Mello-" Near started and tried to grab the blondes wrist. But Mello yanked his arm away and advanced. "Ooh should we be scared?" The idiot on the left with yellow, crooked teeth and a light grey hoodie pretended to shake. "Uh oh! She looks upset!" The idiot number two to the right started to chuckle.

Mello's hands violently trembled and his vision turned red, and he was less than nine inches away from the leader when all he felt was skin underneath his fists. He had jumped on the other boy and was now on top of him, beating him senseless. The leader desperately tried to get the psychotic blond off of him but he couldn't seem to.

The other boys stood in shock, gawking until they realized what was going on. Mello was beating up their leader. Badly.

Near was paralyzed, unable to figure out a way to be useful in this situation. He wasn't physically capable of taking on the two brutes now peeling off his love from the boy with darkening bruises and a bloody nose.

They knew, they all knew Near wouldn't do anything. They knew that all he could do was stand in the sidelines and stare. Or so they thought.

The idiot and idiot number two struggled to hold a thrashing chocoholic when the tiny albino suddenly charged to idiot number two and leapt on to his back, he wrapped his hands around the older boys and held on for dear life.

"I-I can't see!" He screamed and let go of Mello to attempt to wretch Near off his back.

Idiot number one realized if two people could barely keep the blond down... He looked down at Mello and realized they had both come to the same conclusion.

He was screwed.

So Mello and Near efficiently defeated a group of three older, fatter guys with their muscles, wits, and guts. Their day was beginning to brighten again.

They left the gang laying on the floor, clutching at their sides and moaning in pain.

"That was.." Near began.

"Fun." Mello finished for him.

The albino ecstatically grinned and nodded, feeling quite accomplished and proud.