Chapter 19

Then Near nods in agreement, surprising Mello for the second time today. "We need Matt as well. He is crucial to hacking and the breaking in part."

"Yes," Mello replies,"I'm gonna go see if he's free now. I'll be back, sheepy."

In less then minutes, as Mello runs outside, a cold breeze is caressing the blonde's face, sending his hair to go flying in all directions. He squints his eyes, searching for the familiar redhead and the girl. But they're nowhere to be found. So Mello heads back inside and goes to the first place he thinks Matt will be. His room, obviously.

He's there, laying casually and playing Pokemon on his DS. Mello matches towards him, chocolate bar in one hand, his other hand on his hip. "Mello, your inner gay is showing." Matt states not even bothering to look up. "S-Shut up you pretzel roll!"

"Pretzel roll?"

".. First thing that came to mind.." He clears his throat,"Anyways, I'm kidnapping you for the rest of the day and possibly night."

That's when the redhead looks up, eyes sparkling,"Really? What's the occasion?"

"You'll see."

They walk to Near's room as Matt is begging Mello to tell him what're they're going to do in Near's room. "Are we going to have a threesome?" He asks excitedly.

"No."

"Awe, why not?"

"Because I said so?"

"I bet Near would like it."

"No."

"Yes." Matt argued.

"No, Matt, just no."

"But-"

"Matt. No." Then he murmurs,"Near is mine.. All mine."

"Fine," the red head grumbled and trudged on till they saw the unfamiliar door.

"What's with the-"

"He got a new door." Mello explained.

"Why?"

"I might have broken the other one.."

"... Why?"

"That's a good question," the blond chocoholic replied.

Mello opened the door and they walked in, Matt's question gone with the wind and forgotten. "Hello, Matt. Mello." Near was toying around with a teddy bear, cuddling it and brushing its hair.

"Near. Why am I here?" Matt squinted his eyes and crossed his arms, faking a manly act by crossing his arms and squinting his emerald green eyes. Near swiftly replied without missing a beat. "You're here because I willed you to be."

"And he went for the godly approach..." Muttered Mello. Near ignored the comment and coldly continued,"Matt. I am in need of your assistance. My parents have recently been murdered and I am in search of the killer. However, the newspaper which contains possibly vital information is unobtainable. It is in Roger's office, hidden. He refuses to hand it over, most likely believing I would want the document in order to get a certain address, in which they are holding the River's funeral. He has forbidden me to go..."

He takes a deep breath,"Also it would be greatly appreciated if you could hack into the police's files." The facial expression on the normally monotone boy (unless he was alone with Mello) held such sadness, such remorse, and anger, it had left Matt afraid. Afraid for the person who had committed the crime and ended the lives of Mr. and Mrs. River.