Chapter 10

Next morning

"Let's go somewhere, Near. Just you and me." Were the first words the albino heard.

He yawned and stared at the boy with median, blond hair.

"It is Sunday correct? So we can go anywhere your like, Mello." Near replied, snuggling closer to him. "Mello is so soft... Mello is warm."

The chocoholic froze again, unaccustomed to Near's sudden behavior.

"Mello is also shy. Mello... Is beautiful."

"I'm not beautiful Near..." Mello whispered in a hushed tone,"You are." Then he pressed his lips to Near's temple and rested them there for a few moments.

"Get ready, 'M going to my room to change so I'll be back in five minutes." Mello pulled away and left, leaving Near alone in his room.

Minutes later, Near exited his bathroom to find Mello sitting on his bed, munching on a chocolate bar.

"Ready?"

"Yes, Mello." He enjoyed the way he could say the older boys name, how it would simply roll off his tongue.

They walked out, ignoring the whispers and eyes watching them. No doubt everyone was shocked to see them spending time together, since Mello had an undying hate for Near since the moment he had been named first in the orphanage.

"So where to, Near?" Mello said smoothly. "I've always wanted to go to the docks," Near explained, staring at the ground with his gray eyes while twirling a strand of white hair. "The docks it is."

So they strolled through the city, observing the buildings and people, guessing what strangers occupation, names, and personalities.

A lady with crinkles around her eyes and a soft smile roundish, dressed in jeans and a light blue hoodie passed by them, listening to music. "Possibly has a job at a restaurant? Or maybe something of a writer?Name... She looks like a Sally. Sally Jackson. I'd say she's about twenty three..." Mello predicted.

"For the most part you are correct, but I believe she is twenty one, not twenty three."

"How?"

"You see, a twenty three year old would have more doubt, more curves. But she has barely any cleavage, and she's smiling like life is going exactly how she wants it to go." Near explained. The blond took this into consideration, carefully weighing the observations and the probability of this being the truth.

"No but age doesn't matter when it comes to mental stability, you can be twenty three and happy or thirteen and depressed. Really it only matters on they type of person."

"Exactly so, but if you notice her outfit, hoodie, jeans, and vans, those are factors that suggest that she is causal and laid back, that she goes with the flow and could care less what others say or think about her." He continued,"So if she is smiling, while walking down the road, she is happy. If you notice the size of her grin, it was rather large and looked natural on her, meaning she smiles often and has the so called 'laughing' lines around her mouth that further supports my argument."

"Smiling a lot doesn't mean your hopeful and age doesn't have to do with mental stability, Near."

"In some cases, it does. Like in this one. The fact that she is hopeful and typically most twenty one year olds with jobs are hopeful since they're finally beginning to live their lives as adults, is all I need to say she is indeed twenty one years of age." He neutrally concluded.

Mello glared that the pale genius,"Are you finished?"

"Yes, I am."

"Near, for once could you shut up and agree with me?" Mello glared at him, then went back to looking up at the sky, as the two continued to travel in the city to the docks."I suppose I could, but it would be highly unlikely that twenty three would be her age, perhaps twenty two but no. I am sorry, Mello."

"...Did you just sarcastically apologize?" Mello was tacked aback by what he has said. "Y-Yes I did." The stutter in the voice threw Mello over the edge. He whipped to the side and grasped the albino's wrists, then he pushed him to the closet wall, which was a nice brick wall, thank you very much.

"Have you decided yet?" He pounced on his helpless, unsuspecting prey. Poor little Near never stood a chance against Mello in this way.

"No.. I haven't." He whispered.

Mello grinned, perhaps Near was intellectually superior but... In this form, Mello certainly reigned supreme.

Mello leaned in, slowly and tauntingly, his chocolate breath washing over the pale boys face.

"M-Mello s-stop..." He turned his face and deeply blushed. The blond exasperatedly groaned,"What? Why?"

Near shut his eyes and hung his head,"I t-told you I... I'm not ready yet! This isn't the appropriate time or place. Have you ever thought that perhaps, I would have wanted something a bit more... Comforting?" He inhaled,"Stop thinking about taking what Mello wants. If Mello truly 'l-loves' me as he says, prove it. Not with just words but.. With a-actions."

Mello began to grin again,"So you're saying you want me to romance you?"

"No!" But Near's blush simply darkened and he pushed Mello away. "I-I don't.. Know, Mello." He sighed,"I want... I want Mello. I want the romantic dinners, walks on the beach, inside jokes, stolen kisses, starry nights, I want to feel loved. By you, and you only... That's what I want. But I feel as of it should take its time. Not jump into anything since then later these little things might get overused and not as special."

"...So do you want me to sweep you off your feet or not?" Mello asked.

Near face palmed,"Yes, Mello, satisfied?"

"Very," He devilishly smirked and wrapped his arms around the younger boy,"I am satisfied. Because I know now that you want me." He purred.

"N-Not in that way!" Near hissed and shoved the blond away again, but Mello held on tight to him.

"You're the one who said it."

"Do not make me regret it, Mello." Near warned him.

"I wouldn't dream of it, little sheep." He chuckled and reluctantly let go.